“Amazing Fish Tacos”

Add it.
El Meson Mexican Grill
Ranked #111 of 159 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Reviewed 24 August 2015

I can only speak to the tacos, because that is all I ever order there. They use fresh bass, fresh tortillas and cabbage. Best I've ever had ANYWHERE!

Reviewed 7 August 2015

I brought an out of town guest from Central America to El Meson yesterday for lunch. She thought it was very authentic and delicious, just like I always do. We had Tacos al Pastor, my favorite dish here.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We have enjoyed every dish we have tried here, and we have tried most of them. They also sell Tamales by the dozen and usually keep some at home for the times when we cannot make it to the restaurant.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

I used to come to El Meson for take-out authentic, inexpensive street tacos every now and then and they were always good. When I saw a "new ownership" sign I was afraid I'd be disappointed. The menu is new, and I was told by one of the new owners that the recipes are also all different. I thought I'd give it a try since I love street tacos. I ordered a plate of 4 el pastor tacos. She gave me 2 each of the hot red and the tomatillo sauces. I took them home and wolfed down 3 of them before deciding to save one for my son. They were fantastic! The meat was tender and juicy and the sweet pineapple chunks contrasted with the spicy meat. I usually have to go all the way to Manitou Springs for tacos el pastor this good. I am THRILLED that we now have them in Castle Rock and I wish great success to them. They are a family owned restaurant and need our support staying open in a less than convenient location. Give them a try--I can't wait to try another flavor! The prices went up slightly but there was more meat in the tacos than before.

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

So we have been here before & tacos were decent but the owner acts like he is mad you are there. Long wait for just tacos. We tried again & there was a young guy wirking counter. Neither rude nor friendly. We ordered 4 breakfast tacos. There was 1 other couple in the place who ordered food. We wIted anlbout 20 mins. They finally served the couple ahead of us. A man had come in behind us & ordered 6 burritos. He got his food next. So I went to the counter to find out why we had not gotten our 4 tacos when the guy who came in behind us had gotten his 6 burritos. He said our order was coming. Next thing I hear is hom goving the cook our order in Spanish. Guess he thought I didn't speak it. I went up and told him "You just now gave him our order didn't you? Because the guy that ordered 6 burritos after us just got his order." He tried to play dumb not knowing I understood what he told the cook. I asked for our money back & left. I will not ever payronize this place again.

1  Thank RockyMtnHighker