Elk Mountain Ranch
Super 8 Buena Vista(Buena Vista)(Great Value!)
USD 155*
Best Western Vista Inn(Buena Vista)(Great Value!)
USD 154*
BestWestern.com
USD 249*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Monarch Mountain Lodge(Monarch)(Great Value!)
USD 77*
  • Pool
USD 102*
Orbitz.com
USD 166*
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites(Salida)(Great Value!)
USD 130*
USD 106*
Pinon Court Cabins(Buena Vista)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotels.com
All reviewstom and suesquare dancingtrap shootingwhite water raftingfamily vacationriding experiencenew friendspetting zooother guestskids programhome cookednever a dull momenthay ridesbucket listrifle shootingthe entire stafffamily style
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This matched all our expectations and more. Fantastic family run ranch, excellent staff, delicious food and the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. The views when riding through the Rockies were outstanding. Our 12 year old son had the time of his life, as did we. Dont buy cowboy boots if budgeting as the ranch had quite alot they lent out for free. They also lent out slickers in case it rained.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I am a single mom who was looking for a vacation where my daughter, who loves horses and riding, and I could enjoy some much needed time away from everyday life. Elk Mountain Ranch afforded us the opportunity to acheive my goal. The staff was extremely friendly, responsive to any need we had, and treated us like part of the family. There was never any pressure to conform to a schedule or certain way. Safety and fun were the priorities.
The horses were fantastic and matched perfectly to each rider. For the non-riders, there is always something to do, even if it is just relaxing.
There were other families and couples at the Ranch the week we were there. The amazing thing about it is that after a short few hours, it seemed like we were never strangers. I attribute this to the wonderful atmosphere that Tom, Sue and the staff provide.
I would highly recommend Elk Mountain Ranch to anyone looking for peace, relaxation, and/or an exciting vacation. The scenery is very beautiful too. If you can't find something at this Ranch to make you happy, then I don't know where you will find it. My daughter and I both had the vacation of a life-time. Thank you Elk Mountain Ranch!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank marie r
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We told our next door neighbors we were thinking about a trip to Colorado and toying with going to a dude ranch..."you should go to Elk Mountain where we took our family 20 years ago and was our best vacation ever!" Well, I guess y'all have been making the best memories for a long time. Who knew all of us (my husband & I, my son 13, my daughter 11 and son 11) would leave with tears in our eyes, hugging everyone goodbye. We kept asking ourselves what made Elm Mountain such an amazing vacation~the pace, our own cabin that was just perfect, the views that made you feel like you were in a western movie, the fabulous staff who love kids, the great food, the rides that were spectacular...and then there's the stuff that just happens like your kids playing Man Hunt with other kids at night while my husband and I were watching the stars. We can't thank you, Tom and Sue, enough for creating an atmosphere that absolutely delighted each member of our family...Love your new/old friends! The Keim family - Atlanta

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I would highly recommend Elk Mtn Ranch. Beautiful scenery, friendly staff, great food (& plenty of it), great guests, horses matched to your ability, great variety of things to do including R&R if you choose. Very safety conscious. I was worried about them being on a generator with lights out at 11:00 ...no worries! Fantastic for families, girls week , guys week, everyone! Tom, Sue and staff truly made the ranch your home for the week. Also included top notch local entertainment two nights. Our two bedroom cabin had a king size bed in one room and two twins in the other. Full bathroom, walkin closets, living room and a porch with an amazing view of Mount Princeton. Everything was better than we expected.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Elk Mountain Ranch was an amazing experience. It is small (30 guests at a time), family oriented, fantastic home cooked meals, and their employees along with Sue and Tom are incredible! The ranch itself is located in a beautiful area and the horses are well kept. The beauty of this ranch is that you have plenty of choices. We went river rafting one day which was a highlight! Another day, we chose to take the day trip to Aspen. Also incredible. Other days, the rides included breakfast or lunch, short and long rides, etc. They have great activities for the kids... and adults! The shooting, both skeet and target, was especially fun for my son. For the price, you get more than necessary. Thank you for a wonderful week full of great memories!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family