“They have always treated me well here”

TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
Westminster, CO
“They have always treated me well here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

I have stayed here (and had family stay here) several times. The management and staff has always treated me very well.
It's a nice gesture that they give me a welcome gift when I arrive.
You are very close to shopping and services. Within walking distance.
Decent prices and you get a kitchenette in your room too (which my parents really love). The rooms are always very clean.
They always manage to upgrade me to a Suite. Last time I was there, they upgraded me to a 2-bedroom suite. That's a good value.
The only caution is that the rooms are packed in a little tight, and if you have a noisy neighbor, you'll hear them. This is not a luxury hotel, and it seems that some folks staying for more than a few days can be slobs.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. My family from out of town insists on staying here due to their prior experience with this hotel.

Room Tip: room on a higher floor facing West for mountain views.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank valor155

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
jacksonville, alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at Towneplace for 6 nights and used it as our base for sightseeing. This hotel is within easy walking distance to two malls (one indoor, one outdoor), tons of restaurants, a movie theater, and a walmart. The room was exceptionally clean in my opinion, and I always do an inspection when I first get to my hotel room. It's not a brand new facility, so there were a few imperfections, but none that I thought were bad. We had a suite with a queen bed, a nice little kitchen, and a sitting area with a couch and chair and desk. This is an extended stay hotel so there were quite a few people living there I think (students and business men, not bums!). In my opinion, it is a GREAT value for the money. From here, we were only about 20 minutes from Boulder (it's not in Boulder, as the name might lead you to think), 20 minutes to downtown Denver, an hour from Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park, 45 minutes to the airport, Golden is nearby (we love Golden), Mt. Evans, about 1.5 hours away, and Summit County is a day trip from here (Breckenridge, Frisco City, Copper Mountain, Dillon).
Breakfast was bananas, apples, bagels, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, and packaged muffins and cereal bars. Adequate unless you require a more hearty breakfast.
If you happen to be in the area in the next week or so (October 5 - 12) you cannot miss the aspens on the way to Mt. Evans. The top of Mount Evans is already closed, but the drive up to Echo Lake is unbelievable. If you are there now, don't miss it! Beautiful! We love Colorado, and will go back again and again, and stay at Towneplace Suites if we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alabamagirl2
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

This place was inexpensive for a suite. The staff was fine and the room was clean. The only problem is the location. It is a wee bit hard to find as the streets in this area all have pretty much the same name. The developer obviously had a thing for the name Interlocken. We have stayed here before and will do so in the future.

Room Tip: Come early and talk to the check-in staff. This place does tend to fill up.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed here because our kids wanted to stay in a suite with different rooms. Being a Marriott property we were expecting more. There are 2 seperate buildings in the hotel, we had requested an upper floor, and even though our reservation was placed months in advance we were told no upper floors were available. The stairwells in the building were in rough shape, the carpet was worn and quite dirty. The room itself was clean though cheap finishings and a bit dated. The beds were squeaky and the pull out was extremly noisy. Anytime our son would move, we all knew it. There was a kitchen, which had everything you would need, though we didn't utilize it. I think it would be more useful on an extended trip. The breakfast offering wasn't much, and there was no where to eat in the lobby. One morning when I went down people were sitting on a window bench and the next day there was a family sitting over by the computer. The desk clerk told me it was more of a grab and go kind of thing, though they didn't offer trays if you chose to take your food to your room rather then hover in the lobby. One morning I grabbed coffee, yogurt and an apple and had to juggle as you need to use your key to get back in your building. We didn't get an opportunity to try the pool as it was outside and we usually were gone till later in the evening. It was a rather small pool however. They adverties a bbq/picnic area and they do have a bbq available near the office, but no where to eat after you have prepared it.
All in all, for a long term visit, it may be worthwhile, but if just in the area to enjoy a weekend, I would and will look somewhere else next time.
I would say this hotel would be good for a family on an extended vacation or a business traveler.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank InGoodTime5
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

The hotel is recommended on trip advisor but I found it to be just ok. I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite 402. The room and hotel was a little beat up and there was a bad odor that penetrated the hallways that smelled like they were trying to cover up a bad smell. We actually had to place a blanket at the base of the door to prevent the odor from room 401 from coming in. My son cut his heel badly on the steps of the pool due to maintenance issues. The positives is that the beds were comfortable, the hotel is quiet and there is a free breakfast. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
1.7 km away
6.8 km away
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
4.7 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisville Inn & Suites

Been to TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield? Share your experiences!