All reviews front desk shower door modern hotel business trip walk in shower within miles small refrigerator breakfast sandwich business traveler exercise room bed was very comfortable lobby denver starwood dispenser vanity drawers
Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for a full week along with several colleagues. The staff was really great- very helpful and friendly but it wasn't enough to make me ever want to stay at this hotel again. The floors and walls are paper thin- you can hear doors closing and people talking/ music playing from everywhere which makes it impossible to sleep.

Also while the hotel is supposed to be non smoking, the smell of the hallways day in and day out definitely proves that the patrons are not abiding by those rules.

I have been a loyal Aloft customer in cities like Chicago and New York where you can easily walk to restaurants but the location of this Aloft and the lack of a restaurant in house or close by was definitely a pain.

Finally they are under MAJOR construction. That was not something that was disclosed when I booked and I would have stayed elsewhere had I known.

This is an inexpensive hotel that may appeal to very budget conscious travelers or a much younger audience however it is not appropriate for business travelers or anyone wanting any peace and quiet.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Lamia S, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

We appreciate taking the time to provide our hotel with a review of your experience. We are very sorry to learn you did not enjoy your time with us due to internal hotel noise, other guests not abiding our strict no smoking policy, and the construction taking place at the time of your stay.

Providing relaxing accommodations for our guests to receive a good night’s sleep is extremely important to us and we apologize for falling short on this expectation. We will also be sure to share your comments with the greater team to ensure they are holding guests that break our no-smoking policy accountable.

We will also review our current method of communication regarding our renovations to minimize any surprises.

Thank you for the great feedback, we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Have to say I agree with whomever called this place an overpriced dressed-up Motel 6. I have always looked for an aLoft when traveling to another city. They've always been consistent and I know exactly what I'm getting. But this one is giving the chain a bad name. For one, if the hotel isn't completely booked, then keep a list of the rooms with disgusting stains on the carpet and don't put guests in those rooms. And if you're undergoing construction and causing inconvenience for your guests, then at least get everything else right. I feel like this place is using its current state of construction or "updates" as an excuse to fall down on the chain's otherwise great service

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank shannco
Lamia S, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

We are so sorry to learn about your disappointment in your recent stay. We take great pride in providing our guests with clean accommodations and top-notch customer service and regret to learn that we fell short on these expectations during your time with us.

Although we are in the midst of a major renovation, this is no excuse to falter on services you have come to love. Thank you for your candid feedback, we will share your comments with the team as an opportunity to improve. Take care.

Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

Good hotel nice rooms big parking lot , the only thing i didnt like is the curtains in the room they use very cheap material but other than that its decent .
I stayed for one day they have good selections of tv channels , the gym area though is disappointing

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

We are thrilled to hear you have enjoyed your stays with us and enjoyed our spacious parking lot.

We hope you will visit again soon - all the best!

Reviewed 21 October 2015

I took a chance despite this hotel being 5/6 in Broomfield and the other reviews. I think I was lucky because the hotel did not seem to be busy, and I asked for my room to be away from other guests. I could hear hallway noise easily, but I don't think I had any immediate neighbors. The room was typical Aloft - small, with no closet. The HVAC worked fine.

The bed wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad either. Parking was easy. A nit was that the pillowcase was too small for the pillow so I wound up sleeping on the "raw" pillow and Aloft doesn't put a cover on the pillow itself like other hotels. I don't travel with my personal pillow, but I'd like to know there's something clean between my head and the last guests' heads/drool/etc, so I was grossed out in the morning.

I agree with the other reviews that the area is currently all new-build, and it hasn't established its identity. There was nothing worth walking to, you had to get into a car. So if you're staying just for an overnight, it's fine (just get something to eat before you arrive). The GPS took me a very roundabout way to get to the hotel, I'm not sure if there's an easier on/off the highway.

Room had a fridge (which was the loudest thing when you're trying to get to sleep), and a safe. No microwave.

I'd note there's other hotels in the area (a large Westin for instance), so take your pick - I don't think there's anything setting this hotel apart from any other.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Jeff J, General Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Thank you for taking time to let me know about your experience and "taking the chance" on us. We started our rooms remodel this week, so hopefully the next time your in town you will stay with us and not have a loud fridge!

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Attractive hotel built with shoddy construction. Walking down the hall I could hear people walking on the floor above me. The thermostat does not control the tacky air conditioning unit sitting under the window. It just keeps blowing uncomfortably cold air. There were queasy stains on the bedroom walls. The phone only works on speaker. There is no restaurant and it is surrounded only by apartments. No place even for breakfast. No towel rack to hang a wet towel. It's like they took an old hotel and slapped some paint and fancy fixtures on it.
The paying guests have to compete with the concert goers at the 1st City Center and school dances they book in their ballroom, and they are apparently ok with that because they don't reserve their own parking lot for paying guests. The front desk girl had three groups of angry paying guests around her and had no solution for the parking except to park illegally in the handicap parking spots or find a spot on the street and walk to the hotel. No manager was on duty and did not call when the front desk girl said he would be in. I was assured he would call. He never called.
The hotel looks pretty on the outside, but I would never recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Lamia S, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with us – we are very sorry to learn you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Providing comfortable, clean accommodations for our guests is our priority and we apologize we fell short on these expectations. If you would like to further discuss your stay, please reach out directly to our General Manager, Jeff Jones, at jeff.jones@aloftbroomfielddenver.com.

Thanks again for providing us with a review – take care.