All reviews maggie pond full kitchen stayed at the marriott bedroom villa main street daily activities great location charter sports pull out couches within walking distance parking garage marriott timeshare whirlpool tub free laundry outdoor pool in town ping pong
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We had a lovely stay at the Marriott Mountain Valley Lodge. It is easy to get to, within walking distance of Main Street, and right off Route 9.
The room was spacious, and the view of Maggie Pond was lovely.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have air conditioning, but does have a big fan, and you can leave the windows/balcony door open to get a cool breeze.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a lovely stay with us here in Breckenridge!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

The resort is located on Maggie pond with the river flowing into it. Right out the back door is hiking and biking trails for several miles. In the area is hundreds of miles of biking and hiking and nature trails and creeks and rivers. Very very beautiful area.
The staff is very nice. Rooms are clean.
Great views out some of the rooms.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and your villa here at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge. We hope you will join us again sometime.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

What worked well: The suite we were in was very well appointed, and had clearly undergone a recent renovation -- although the buildings are a little older, the one we stayed in definitely has been updated and was lovely -- the finishes were really nice, super clean and in great condition. The bathroom layout was great and the tub/shower was one of the nicest I have encountered in a property across the board. This would be an outstanding unit for several days' stay, including the kitchenette space, which was well-appointed (but we did not need to use for this stay). The area is lovely, and proximity to Main Street is great. I would imagine in ski season, it is super easy to get to the mountain.
What could be better:
Price for one night was steep, but it is the peak summer tourist season, so I get it.
The parking situation was or could be a bit of a pain: The underground parking facility is shared between at least three or four properties (Marriott, Hyatt, Water-something (House ?), and Breckenridge House) heated underground parking is and would be terrific in winter. From our room, we had to walk over a block up the up-ramp, outside and down the street between the parking and our room, carrying luggage. Depending on where you enter or exit the parking, it is not that easy to figure out where your car may or may not be located. Signage is somewhat although not entirely helpful, but perhaps a little written explanation to give the guest at check-in would provide a bit more of a reference point.
Dining on site is pretty limited, but here are plenty of options close by in town. If a guest arrives late, there are not very good eating options even in town, so come prepared with snacks.

Room Tip: There are four different buildings on this property, so ask on check-in if you have strong preferences or needs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenverDoctorMom
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We hope you will join us again sometime.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I recently spent 3 nights at the Marriott Valley Mountain Lodge. It was the first time I've ever stayed at a Marriott instead preferring Starwood Properties were I'm a Platinum member. I registered my SPG account with the Ritz Carlton brand and was given Platinum membership at all Marriott brands via RC. At check in my status was not recognised, there was no upgrade or in room amenity which are customary at Starwood. Additionally the front desk screwed up my room with my brothers room and I could not gain access to my room because it was under my brothers name because he was given my room. All in all it was a very frustrating experience. I have little to no affinity for the Marriott brand and this experience did not help. Regarding the room it was a 3 star, clean and small. Nothing to write home about. I hope that my experience at the Marriott is not indicative of how they treat their most loyal guests.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. As we are a Vacation Club, we do not operate as standard Marriott hotel and do not offer the same amenities. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Great town - terrific restaurants - and much to do.

The people at the hotel went out of their way to accommodate us in every way.

The room was very adequate with two bathrooms - nice for guests who visited as we had a family get together in town.

The room and hotel was squeaky clean and had many amenities - the kitchen was fully stocked.

The location was ideal for proximity to town.

The only remark - the Hotel is "tired" looking in all common areas and ready for an upgrade in these areas.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gianna212

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. It is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We look forward to delivering the 5 star experience on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.