“Freezing night for soup”
Review of Kenosha Steakhouse

Kenosha Steakhouse
Ranked #43 of 170 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: USD 5 - USD 30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kenosha Steakhouse was started in 2004, with one goal in mind, to make sure you leave satisfied. All of our beef is hand cut, flamed grilled and served with our house-made steak sauce. If you're looking for great steaks, awesome burgers and thirty-one refreshing beers on tap, you've come to the right place. Let's not forget about our house-smoked BBQ! Having started off as the Breckenridge BBQ almost 20 years ago, we know how to prepare the BBQ that has people coming back for more! With giant man-sized salads, an extensive kids menu, fish, and vegetarian items, we offer something for everyone.
Reviewed 28 December 2017

It was snowing and so cold outside while I was visiting for Christmas. I was suffering from altitude symptoms and not wanting much food. I wanted a hot soup and someone sent me here. I ordered the clam chowder. It was served very quickly and was a nice portion. The bowl size was only $6.00. I ended up ordering a second one to go, to take to my son at work. I sat at the bar and enjoyed the very nice bartender and other guests as well. Super busy night but service was quick and through.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went here because he wanted a steak while on vacation. We ordered the beer steamed shrimp as an appetizer and it was really good and a lot of shrimp. (We got it half off at happy hour so it was a great deal) He ordered a steak medium well and it came out medium. The steak had a decent flavor but nothing to brag about. His mashed potatoes and salad were okay. I had the bacon wrapped shrimp skewers and they were literally the blandest tasting shrimp I’ve ever eaten. (I eat shrimp almost anywhere it’s offered) it came with a creamy Siracha sauce that I got on the side and tasted. It was hot and not enjoyable. The shrimp was ok after I put bbq sauce on it. The rice under the shrimp was super dry. We will not be back. I read a review that said something along the lines of “they’re only surviving bc of their location on Main Street”. I wish I had listened.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

This place is great. We really liked the pretzel appetizer with beer cheese. Food came fast and was delicious. Prices are just right.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We came for drinks and appetizers while watching football. The bartender was really friendly and interesting to chat with. Beer selection was abundant and tasty. We tried the bison chili, pretzels and shrimp and enjoyed them all. Seemed like a popular place for lunch too.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We live in Breck and have been to almost every restaurant in the area. I am not one to waste my precious time getting online for reviews, but feel compelled to warn people about spending their money on this mediocre establishment.

Food is just average, and that is being kind. Our family just likes decent food at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, Kenosha is apparently surviving due to its prime location on Main Street. Move the restaurant one block off the strip and I doubt they would survive one ski season.

Sad.