“3 of us went to dinner, one of us ate”

Michael's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 171 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 22 November 2017

First night in Breckenridge we walked to Michael's as it was close to where we were staying. There were 3 of us and my wife and I were trying to decide what to share for dinner. The waitress got our drinks and then kept pestering us to order. I asked for 5 minutes so I could start to enjoy my wine and discuss options with my wife. A minute later she was back ready to take our order. I asked for 4 more minutes, a minute later she was back. I was so annoyed I said forget it, I'm just have wine. My brother-in-law who was with us and who's Italian really loved the sausage and pasta dish he had. So beyond that all can say is the house wine was decent.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

After spending a week in Breckenridge, my husband and I decided to find a reasonably priced restaurant with good food. Michael's is the place! My husband especially liked the white lasagna. Some of the seating actually allows a good view of the slopes.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

If you split the ziti you'll have a regular portion for two people. Excellent taste with enough sauce and cheese. Sauce is a delightful meat sauce with a mixture of alfredo and marinara. It comes out piping hot too. The Caesar salad very good with a nice dressing. Service attentive and friendly and prices reasonable.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Michael's on a busy Friday night and had great service. We were seated quickly and had drinks within a few minutes. We split an order of stuffed shells - so tasty and bubbling hot. Plenty of food for two hungry adults with an added side salad. We tried the tiramisu for dessert and were not disappointed. This is a nice/casual restaurant. You get a good meal for the price.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

On our yearly visit to Breckenridge, my husband and I make it a point to eat at Michaels. The last couple of times we've noticed a change in environment. We used to enjoy a quiet, leisurely meal with attentive service. We arrived around 6:30 on a Friday night and had about a 20 minute wait. Reservations are not accepted. Everyone was urged to sit at the bar for drinks and to read the menu. Once seated, we observed a rapid turnover in diners with meals being delivered quickly. It was noisy and bustling. I guess if one is time limited for a meal, this is a good thing. If not, it is very distracting. The menu remains the same with prices reasonable for Breckenridge. My husband's orecchiette with sausage and fennel was blander than previously. My penne with olives and artichokes (made with garlic sauce per my request) was very good. Both portions were very large. The dinner salad at $4.95 was a huge disappointment. It was a small bowl of romaine lettuce with one small slice of tomato and two cucumber chunks. The two small slices of garlic bread weren't the traditional crusty Italian style but were tasty. The wine list has grown but has become very expensive for the labels offered. Our server was friendly but at a distance and not totally attentive. Michael's is still a good price performer for Breckenridge but we long for the old one.