“Nice atmosphere on a snowy night”

The Salt Creek Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Salt Creek Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 164 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: USD 14 - USD 29
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: The Breckenridge free ride buses all stop within a block of the Salt Creek Steakhouse.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

First time trying this restaurant. I was in the mood for trout amandine and saw that they had it on the online menu, so we traveled there from Frisco. First, the great things: wonderful atmosphere, excellent service, large menu, and glimpses of potential in their food. My scallop appetizer was very tasty and served with greens. Caesar salad was perfect. Side of green beans was cooked nicely. The not so great: trout seasoned well but wasn't as fresh tasting as I'd like, prime rib was reported to be "just okay". Expensive for quality of food, but a lovely place to eat on a snowy night.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner and the food was pretty good. Pork chop for Mrs and stuffed shrimp for me. The food was flavorful and the waitstaff were attentive. I would have given it a 5 but for this type of restaurant they are pretty spendy. $73 for two for dinner and that's without any cocktails. I know, It's Breckenridge but for off ski season its a little steep. Next time I'll think twice before eating here.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Seated promptly, in the back where initial service was slow. Restaurant was not very busy at 8 when we arrived. Better than most kids menu with brisket my girls loved. Mac and cheese side good. Steaks were prepared perfectly, full of flavor. I had the panko chicken with Brussels sprouts which was delicious. Fairly priced for the quality received.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I'll start this with saying that we went to a steak house and none of us got steak. :-)

This being said, no one was impressed with their entrees--there were 4 of us. We got the butternut squash ravioli and it was floating in oil. The flavor was only mediocre. We also got a butternut squash salad and it was utterly DROWNING in the dressing--completely overwhelmed the salad and so much that we couldn't finish it.

Our friends had the special pork chop and the chicken schnitzel. The pork chop was pink in the middle and tough on the outside. The schnitzel was as expected--nothing special but not horrible.

For these prices, we would have expected much better and walked away disappointed. This won't be a place we'll visit again, especially given the number of restaurants in Breck.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Its been a year but we tried this restaurant for Sunday brunch again and weren't disappointed. Egg combination dishes (one with French toast, sausage, etc.; another with regular toast) were our choices again - brought out quickly, not and both were pretty good. Wasn't too busy this time on Sunday (however, with school having already started for some families, the crowds are thinning out a bit in town) Service was good and the prices were very reasonable. Next time we'll come for Happy Hour and try their rooftop (small) outside patio which has a great view of the city and mountains!