“Great Breckenridge Restaurant”

Hearthstone Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hearthstone Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 169 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: USD 28 - USD 46
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Please note- We are closed for Spring Renovations April 17-May 11th. We will re-open May 12th for Happy hour at 4pm and Dinner at 5pm. Thank you for another great season!! Housed in a 125-year-old home, the Hearthstone reflects the Victorian charm of Breckenridge while showcasing the best of the Rocky Mountains with creative farm-to-table Colorado Cuisine. We have an extensive wine list and creative house-crafted cocktails which complement unique entrees like Ginger Scallops, Blackberry Elk & Shrimp & Grits. Between the food & the richly adorned interior, you'll find Hearthstone's ambiance and dining experience quite memorable.
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We arrived with a large party (10 people) and they had our reservation booked for the following week not on that day. It didn't matter even though the restaurant was booked. They rearranged things and sat us immediately!! It was the start of a glorious evening. We had phenomenal food and wine and outstanding service. There isn't an item that I wouldn't recommend and had arguably the best octopus anywhere in the world. Rack of Lamb, Elk, Duck and Steak were all favorites for our party. A must in Breckenridge and make sure to have a reservation!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We didn't have a reservation and fortunately there were two seats at the small bar upstairs at this cozy, romantic and well appointed historic old building! We were impressed by the wine list and our super friendly and efficient bartender (Adam, I do believe) had a great command of the list and options for our entrees I had the Colorado lamb that was absolutely delicious and my husband had the hangar steak which was expertly paired with a panko fried egg and these delicious rounds of twice baked potatoes. We would definitely return just to sit at the bar as we had a great time!!!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I am a vegetarian not vegan who also Is Gluten Sensitive. At times this can make it difficult to eat out. My boyfriend told me that this restaurant came up number one for vegetarian on TripAdvisor 4 people that are vegetarian. We went to this beautiful cozy clean restaurant that had terrific service. However it had caters to the meat eaters. The mushroom soup was delicious and gluten free. We had a cheese plate which was okay. My boyfriend ate the rack of lamb which was a special that night and he enjoyed it. If you're a couple looking for a romantic place to eat I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

I've eaten at the Hearthstone six years ago and really enjoyed the food and ambiance. It's the number one rate restaurant in Breckenridge so perhaps they had a poor night. I thought I made reservations on Open-table but, although they didn't have the reservation, they did have my name at the front desk The hostess was very accommodating and gave us an excellent table on the second floor with a great view of the town and ski runs. Service was prompt and friendly and the crispy lobster appetizer was great. My son enjoyed his Norwegian salmon. I had an acceptable Manhattan cocktail. The wine list is good but the by-the-glass selections slim and pricey. My main complaint was my entree, Duck duck cous cous. It was advertised as seared duck breast with foie gras, THe presentationwas outstanding (see the photo) The duck breast was tasty, but hardly crisp and the "foie gras" was simply sauteed duck liver. The cous cous was tasteless.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We were in Breck for four nights on vacation. I have several food allergies, which makes going to a new place scary, but Hearthstone came very highly recommended as a restaurant where I could eat safely. My husband called and asked if they could accommodate my needs (gluten/grain/dairy/soy/red meat free, among others) and they said no problem. I did check all my apps, but i always like to call ahead as well. We made the reservation and went. The place is adorable...a house with lights outside with outdated interior, which reminds me of ski country in vermont (we are from the east). When we checked in, they immediately asked if we were the party with someone with food sensitivies. When we were seated, the hostess had the gluten free menu without being asked, and she told me she shared some of mine and they would take care of me. Our server also had been told ahead of time, and she was the sweetest thing. She knew exactly what i could and could not eat. When I was brought the wrong salad by the runner (i knew before touching), both she and the manager knew, apologized, took it off the table and told me he grabbed the wrong one. (Note...always look at your food before eating). Because I don't eat red meat, my options were more limited, but I am used to it, but I did have a 3 course meal (very unusual). I rarely enjoy dessert. Here I had a salad, an ahi tuna special (yes...an off menu item), and house made strawberry sorbet for dessert. My family all enjoyed their meat meals too (steak & lamb chops). I definitely recommend if in the area.