“Great house, great management team, great time”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

John F
Princeton, NJ
“Family Ski Week”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

We stayed in Breckenridge the week of March 24th. The Breck ski area is fantasic and this review is mostly on the house. We had 11 people with ages from 13 to 75 for a family vacation. Everyone had a comfortable bed and lots of space. The house is very nice were each bedroom has its own bathroom. Two separate large living rooms so everyone could spread out. 12 foot ceiling with 10 foot doors and exposed timbers makes the place feel massive. The two car garage is great for keeping cars and ski gear clean of snow.

A couple of comments:

The house is ski in/ski out but not slope slide. It is a 40 yard walk to the slope cutting thru the neighbor’s yard. No big deal, but worth a note. The ski trail is snowflake and is a very flat green run. The skiers could pole over the flat areas, but the boarder had to release and push with one leg. This is still better than dealing with the shuttle or coordinating pickups.

The Kitchen is large with double ovens. We cooked 3 meals a day for 7 days for 11 people without problems. The refrig is large and lots of cabinet space. Dishwasher worked well. We had several large pots and pans, but no Pitchers for serving water or drinks. We repurposed Milk jugs for serving water on the table. We had the basic cooking utensils, but need to share them between cooking and serving. You need to bring all supplies including salt and pepper. The safeway is Frisco is well stock as well as the store in downtown Breckenridge.

The silver service, glasses and coffee cups were stocked for only 8 people, but we had plenty of plates and bowls for everyone. We got some plastic cups and utensils to solve the problem. The Dining room table sits 8, but we could squeeze 11 around the table.

The house is well equip, but not everything worked. The toaster and barbecue grill had issues. When we reported to Ski Country front desk, they told us they would inform the owner. These items were not fixed when we left.

We only had one towel per bathroom when we arrived, but a call to Ski Country office quickly resolved this issue. The bathrooms come with soap only, so you need to get your own shampoo, conditioner, and moisturize that traditionally come with a hotel room.

At check in, we had asked for a late checkout (noon instead of 10AM) for the last day. They did not see a problem, but asked to check the night before. When we checked the night before, we were told yes, but still needed to confirm again in the morning. The next morning we confirmed the checkout time, but at 11:30AM, the front desk called and asked when we would be leaving. This experience caused my rating of the staff to go from excellent to just good.

Overall, we had a great vacation and I would recommend this house when in Breckenridge.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great house at a good location
Liked least: Limited kitchen supplies
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
31 Mar 2013
Hello- Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback from your stay. All in all, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the rental home as a whole; it truly sounds like it worked well for your group. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities of the home and I do apologize there were some items missing that should have been there for your dining experiences. I also apologize for the service issues you experienced with the toaster and bbq grill going unresolved as well as your extended chack-out. I will be sure to pass along all your detailed comments to our management and the homeowner so we can remedy the things missing in the home. We appreciate your business and hope to host you again on any future stays you may have to Breckenridge!
San Antonio
Reviewed 20 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

20 Mar 2013
Hello- Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the easy and convienent location of your rental home as well as the layout. I am also elated to hear that all your needs and requests were met by the staff. We appreciate your business and hope to host you on any future stays in Breckenridge!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place”
Reviewed 9 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The house was perfect for the two families that stayed. Two living rooms,the kids could go down stairs to theirs and stay up if they wanted to. The snow on Ghristmas was an added touch.

9 Jan 2013
Hi Jerry - thank you for your review of our Westridge Chalet home in Breckenridge! It was so great having you and your family back with us again for the holidays and we hope that you are planning your trip back to visit us again next year! We appreciate your repeat business and hope that you were able to utilize our newest guest amenity during your stay, the Ski Country Courtesy Guest Shuttle! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful picture with us - we encourage you to follow us and share more photos with us from your stay!

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/skicountry
Instagram : http://in.5thvillage.com/u/skicountryresorts/
Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/skicountry/
Denver
Reviewed 9 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
9 Feb 2012
I'm glad to hear you had such a memorable Birthday with us. I've already passed on your compliments to Jeni and will be sure to do the same for our housekeeping staff. Westridge is one of our premier properties and their are few that can compete with it's convenience. With room for a large gathering, the private hot tub, ski access, and beautiful furnishings, it is the perfect place to hold large celebrations.
I am glad you enjoyed it so much.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope you keep us in mind for your next celebration.

Michael Juhnke
Rooms Division Manager
Ski Country Resorts - SkiCountry.com
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very nice”
Reviewed 19 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

The service was very good
The home had plenty of room
The location was great
The room,steam shower were great
The pillows were terrible

19 Jan 2012
I'm glad to hear you had a great stay with us! Westridge Chalet is definitely a favorite of mine. The amenities and quality is second to none and so I'm glad you took advantage of the steam shower.
In my opinion, there is no better way to clean up and warm up once you get off the slopes.

We take great pride in Westridge Chalet being one of the most luxurious properties in Breck, and I'm going to head out and check the pillows personally to make sure that it stays that way.

Thanks for taking the time to write the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Michael Juhnke
Rooms Division Manager
Ski Country Resorts - SkiCountry.com
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing