“Yum!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th
Description: Modern Pizzeria Neapolitan Style
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with family after skiing all day, and it was great. We all four got different pizzas, all were good. Server even provided a blanket for me as I was a little chilly sitting outside. Great vibe. Only negative is that prices do seem to be a bit high.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I went here for dinner on a weeknight by myself and the place was hopping. The space was cosy and the service was awesome & attentive (bartender Quinn and waiter Jose). My wine was excellent, Cesar salad was delicious (with croutons that were so light and crispy) and the pizza was amazing. The fact that this place was so busy on a Monday night while most restaurants on Pearl Street were empty gave me all the indication that I needed that this was the place to be.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

My husband, son and I ate here after arriving in Boulder ready to move my son into his dorms the next day at University of Colorado. We were starving and had already tried a few restaurants. They were so nice to seat us and serve us immediately....again we were starving. We ordered two different kinds of pizza at the recommendation of the waiter. Both were delicious. One had sausage, cheese and sauce the other had no sauce. The dough was amazing. We liked it so much we came back two days later for an appetizer and glass of wine after we moved our son into the dorms. Highly recommend this place and will be going back as soon as we return to Boulder.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

It was cold outside when we ate here and it was very cold inside. Service was great. We split a marghereta pizza and salad and the cost was $32, quite high I thought. The pizza was very watery, I guess from the tomatoes, so the bottom crust was soggy. Part of the outer crust was burned but other wise good.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We came here often following the opening, and with considerable pleasure. But it's been a while, partly because we try to limit how much pizza we eat. Couldn't resist last night, so we returned for what we fully expected to be a wonderful experience. Alas... To start on a positive note, service was attentive and excellent. But the food has taken a distinct nose dive. The frittatine was exceptionally unappetizing - couldn't even tell if it was the cheese, the prosciutto, or the wrapper, just plain tasted bad. The Margherita pizza which has always been my favorite was edible, but not much more: the crust was soggy throughout, except where it was scorched; and if there were any seasonings in use, they successfully hid from my tastebuds. Bland and soggy - not things I look for in high-end pizza, or in any pizza. Frankly, I would have preferred a slice of Abo's. Just to wrap it up, both my wife and I were violently ill less than an hour later. Hoo boy, not a good experience. What a long way to fall, and in a foody town at that. I don't know if this was just an unfortunate one-off, or if this is their new standard, and I don't expect to go back and find out.

Been to Pizzeria Locale? Share your experiences!