Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
USD 129*
USD 105*
  • Restaurant
Grand Z Casino and Hotel(Central City)(Great Value!)
USD 114*
Century Casino & Hotel Central City(Central City)(Great Value!)
USD 119*
Columbine Inn(Idaho Springs)(Great Value!)
USD 108*
H&H Motor Lodge(Idaho Springs)
USD 90*
USD 87*
Eldora Lodge(Golden)(Great Value!)
USD 188*
Coyote Motel(Black Hawk)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,474 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcentral cityfireside kitchencentennial buffetglass showercrab legshot tubameristar casinotop floordouble sinkstimberline grillbeautiful hotelnon smokingparking garageslot machinesrooms are largefitness center
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I don't know why, but I never win here, and usually get drilled. I go to the Century and seemingly always do well, then I go down to the Ameristar, and it stinks. But the buffet is awesome, rooms are nice, cool pool and hot tub on the top of the hotel. And the beer babes working the casino floor, holy smoke! They have these uniforms that make chicks with hot bodies look really awesome, and most of these chicks are smoking hot. So that is worth losing a few dollars for.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kickbass
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Whether you like to gamble or not, the Ameristar is an exceptional hotel and a welcome getaway. Float on your back in the indoor rooftop pool and gaze at the stars through the skylights. Relax in the indoor or outdoor hot tub. Put your feet up by the outdoor rooftop fireplaces. Take advantage of the spa or the 24-hour exercise room or the business center. If you have a player's card, it does not take long to earn the free buffet or room. Although the request cannot be guaranteed, ask for an upper level room facing the town of Blackhawk as the views are spectacular. If you're inclined to pay extra, the suite has a wet bar, fireplace, incredible master bath, and more. Desk clerks and housekeeping employees are the best!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level facing the town of Blackhawk.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Nancy, thanks so much for taking the time to post your review!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I arrived shortly after 5pm, Thursay, Mar 8, 2012. Valet parking was smooth and check-in was a breeze. The room was spectacular and very comfortable. I travel with my own toiletries but I noticed the lack of hotel-provided items other than soap. The in-room coffee pot was well hidden but is a nice touch. Vegas hotels drive you down to the casino by making you go out for coffee in the AM. In the casino, once you do get the attention of a cocktail waitress, the service was fine but it was a bit of a challenge to find a cocktail waitress to begin with.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The hotel is very nice. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The hotel pool is pretty cool. The very top floor, outdoor hottubs and fireplace. Towards the end of the day it gets pretty busy (and dirty) and I don't recommend kids because of drinking and language. If you are going to bring kids bring stuff for them to do in the room. There aren't any pay-per view movies or game consoles like other hotels - but this is a casino... The buffet was really good but get there early as the lines can get long. The entertainment in the main bar was really enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thanks so much for the review, dkelsey. Our guests do certainly love the rooftop swimming pool. Thanks for visiting. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Last Friday, I went up skiing with some friends for the day. I was being dropped off in Blackhawk at the Ameristar to meet my husband for an evening. I arrived around 5 and went to check-in. I was told that since my husband had booked the room he would need to be there which is fine (same last name and address on license wasn’t enough). I told the check-in person “I’ll just have my husband phone up and add my name to the room”. The room was not being comped. We were paying over $200, so I did not think would be an issue. His very rude and snappy response “No, we have not record of you and don’t know anything about you.” I really didn’t feel like arguing and was embarrassed. So I sat in the casino for two hours in my ski gear and waited for my husband to arrive and check in.

The buffet was nice – unlimited crab legs on Friday.

Ameristar has a beautiful outdoor out tub area, one of the main reasons to stay there. It was COLD. There was no closure sign up or anything.

I have stayed at the Ameristar before and enjoyed my stay, but this time was a terrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aimeegus

aimeegus, sorry about the confusion at check in. We do normally require that the person checking in is the same person that makes the reservation. So sorry for the inconvenience during your ski trip. We hope you consider returning to stay with us again so that we can again meet your expectations in regards to guest services and our rooftop hot tub.