“Exceptional escape!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Littleton, Colorado
“Exceptional escape!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Whether you like to gamble or not, the Ameristar is an exceptional hotel and a welcome getaway. Float on your back in the indoor rooftop pool and gaze at the stars through the skylights. Relax in the indoor or outdoor hot tub. Put your feet up by the outdoor rooftop fireplaces. Take advantage of the spa or the 24-hour exercise room or the business center. If you have a player's card, it does not take long to earn the free buffet or room. Although the request cannot be guaranteed, ask for an upper level room facing the town of Blackhawk as the views are spectacular. If you're inclined to pay extra, the suite has a wet bar, fireplace, incredible master bath, and more. Desk clerks and housekeeping employees are the best!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level facing the town of Blackhawk.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Nancy, thanks so much for taking the time to post your review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I arrived shortly after 5pm, Thursay, Mar 8, 2012. Valet parking was smooth and check-in was a breeze. The room was spectacular and very comfortable. I travel with my own toiletries but I noticed the lack of hotel-provided items other than soap. The in-room coffee pot was well hidden but is a nice touch. Vegas hotels drive you down to the casino by making you go out for coffee in the AM. In the casino, once you do get the attention of a cocktail waitress, the service was fine but it was a bit of a challenge to find a cocktail waitress to begin with.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

The hotel is very nice. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The hotel pool is pretty cool. The very top floor, outdoor hottubs and fireplace. Towards the end of the day it gets pretty busy (and dirty) and I don't recommend kids because of drinking and language. If you are going to bring kids bring stuff for them to do in the room. There aren't any pay-per view movies or game consoles like other hotels - but this is a casino... The buffet was really good but get there early as the lines can get long. The entertainment in the main bar was really enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thanks so much for the review, dkelsey. Our guests do certainly love the rooftop swimming pool. Thanks for visiting. We hope to see you again soon!
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Last Friday, I went up skiing with some friends for the day. I was being dropped off in Blackhawk at the Ameristar to meet my husband for an evening. I arrived around 5 and went to check-in. I was told that since my husband had booked the room he would need to be there which is fine (same last name and address on license wasn’t enough). I told the check-in person “I’ll just have my husband phone up and add my name to the room”. The room was not being comped. We were paying over $200, so I did not think would be an issue. His very rude and snappy response “No, we have not record of you and don’t know anything about you.” I really didn’t feel like arguing and was embarrassed. So I sat in the casino for two hours in my ski gear and waited for my husband to arrive and check in.

The buffet was nice – unlimited crab legs on Friday.

Ameristar has a beautiful outdoor out tub area, one of the main reasons to stay there. It was COLD. There was no closure sign up or anything.

I have stayed at the Ameristar before and enjoyed my stay, but this time was a terrible experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aimeegus
aimeegus, sorry about the confusion at check in. We do normally require that the person checking in is the same person that makes the reservation. So sorry for the inconvenience during your ski trip. We hope you consider returning to stay with us again so that we can again meet your expectations in regards to guest services and our rooftop hot tub.
Longmont, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The room was nice, BUT PLAYERS BEWARE!
Their voucher redemption machines will give you COUNTERFEIT money back and Ameristar will NOT stand behind it. I won $120.00 on one of their slot machines, and cashed out the voucher in their ATM on the way back up to our room as we turned i...n for the night. I received a $100.00 and a $20.00 dollar bill, and put the $100 away for safe keeping.
When I took the $100.00 bill to my bank for deposit the next day, the bank called me in and confiscated the counterfeit bill. I was totally embarrassed and quite concerned!
I called Ameristar immediately to report the issue and alert them, I also really believed they would surely reimburse the win… No go, they would take NO responsibility, and accused me of getting it somewhere else!
$100.00!!! Seriously??? You would think they would make this right!!!
I will never stay there or play there again!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Shante P
Shante, I'm really sorry about the inconvenience. Rarely does something like this happen to our guests. Our machines are designed to catch these occurrences if they do happen. I understand that one of our team members was able to get in touch with you to discuss. We hope you do reconsider and visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Black Hawk
17.3 km away
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
24.7 km away
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk? Share your experiences!