“Nice area to stay in”

Napa Valley Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Napa Valley lodge and had a nice time. She enjoyed the substantial breakfast and I enjoyed the cookies and wine tastings at the property. We got a good deal from Travelzoo. Not sure how I would feel about paying high peak season rates as the value from the property is more location-based than luxury based.
Although in Yountville, it is a bit of a walk to the famous restaurants (other side of town). The hotel was a perfectly nice and reasonable place to stay as a good base for wine country touring.

Room Tip: Be wary about being too close to either of the roads surrounding the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,454)

Reviewed 13 March 2012

The Lodge shows looks great on the outside and the room was well decorated. One wish we have in a room is a comfortable chair to sit in, we had one here. Although the lighting in the room was a little faint. The breakfast buffet was one of the best ever with a wide variety of quality choices. I was particularly fond of the coffee.Now for the odd part. We were there in the winter and the heat had been off for some time. The room was, for us, very cold and took a long time to warm up. In addition the bath didn't didn't have a heat source, or one we could find, so the morning shower was a little cold. Lastly there is an undercurrent feel of a dressed up motel, not serious and not a distraction, but odd.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We visited the Napa Valley Lodge over president's day weekend, to find that booking through priceline doesn't really get what you want. While priceline confirmed a king room, we had two double beds. The management team was overly accommodating, while they couldn't help us the first night, they made it up the next by not only getting us into a king room but also upgrading our room. The standard double room was in fact a little tired/dated, while the upgraded room/suite was very nice. I'd recommend (and will do the same next time) just springing for the suite if you can get it. The breakfast is included - and it does have hot items. It seemed adequate...but nothing to send me home to blog about... except the coffee. I'm a coffee lover, and there is nothing to love about the coffee at the hotel...so grab breakfast, and take a walk in beautiful Yountville to one of the many nearby coffee shops. All in the service and fantastic staff have me give this place a "Very Good"

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a suite, as the standard rooms aren't quite worth the charge.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rcorrao
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We had a deluxe king room with fireplace on the lower level facing the vineyard.  The room was large and spacious as well as the bath area.  There was no tub but the shower was roomy and there were ample toiletries.

We thoroughly enjoyed our champagne breakfasts each morning in the breakfast lounge by the fire.

There is some construction going on during the day but it did not interfere with our enjoyment.  While the beds are not uncomfortable I didn't find them as luxurious as some.  The rooms have flat screens but didn't seem to receive any high def.  We would definitely return but I would recommend a room on the upper level to avoid the noise coming from the room above.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank vandyalum82
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I were here in 2011 and were thrilled to go back last week. The desk personnel and the housekeeping staff are top notch and we did not want for anything. Our room faced the tranquil vineyard surrounding the property and it was quiet and peaceful. I wanted to take the bed home with me...but could not figure out a way to get it into the trunk of the car! An added bonus for me...as I am a chocoholic, were the chocolate chip cookies available every afternoon! All on all...a very enjoyable experience and one that I hope will be repeated soon!!

Room Tip: I don;t believe this hotel has any bad rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
1.5 km away
14 km away
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa

Been to Napa Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!