All reviews indoor pool stayed here sacramento airport hi express great amenities amenities including great room rate free breakfast comfortable hotel cell phone a ground floor room short drive nice place to stay flat screen tv bagels upon check night's sleep
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I was here for a work meeting - despite having a signed contract for the meeting room space for two days, the hotel double booked the meeting space and had us move to their sister property about 30 feet away. The staff there were so much nicer, the hotel cleaner and everything there is just better. But back to this hotel - my room while big, was missing two critical light bulbs in the bathroom and the outlets in the bathroom did not work. I notified the front desk staff, but no effort was made to change the light bulbs. There were cobwebs in the window sill; the air conditioning control is on the window unit, not the wall as per the front desk staff. Upon check out the front desk clerk had no record of my maintenance request. I ended up checking out of this hotel and checking in to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott for a more pleasant and cleaner stay at a better rate! Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Rajwant S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear tikidream,

We strive to give every guest an excellent stay and we are very saddened to hear that we were unable to do that for you. We understand it is important to have issues resolved right away and we will ensure to review our procedures for handling any maintenance issues with all front desk agents as this is unacceptable. We are glad you were able to end your stay on a better note at our sister property. Again we apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay and we promise to resolve them so future guests do not have the same issue.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff , clean rooms ,nice breakfast buffet with biscuits and gravy and fresh pancakes!! Stayed in a handicap room because I’m stuck in a wheelchair and room was very accommodating!! Would love to stay here again!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Rajwant S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear Molly A,

Thank you very much for your review. Your enthusiasm about you stay makes us very proud. We are so happy you enjoyed several aspects of our hotel and we cannot wait to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

This was a hotel for a group of us for a softball tournament in Woodland. The hotel is relatively new and well cared for but they really do jack up the prices for a busy weekend making it not the best value. The breakfast is typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast and there was plenty for everyone. The room was clean and well furnished.

On the down side the indoor pool in dinky and if you have more than 5 or 6 girls wanting to swim after games it is not sufficient so write off the pool for a group. For busy weekends the parking lot will not hold all of the cars so you will end up parking on the street. It looked like they were getting new breakfast room furniture as the furniture they had was very low quality. I sat in one chair and the front legs folded under. Fortunately my coffee was not in my hand.

I travel the world and stay mostly at Holiday Inns and this one needs work to meet the standards expected. While convenient to Woodland it is not the best value and Sacramento is a short drive way. I will be looking that direction for the next visit.

Room Tip: Upper Floors Away From the Elevator Are Best
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Rajwant S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Bill,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express WOODLAND.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 530-662-7750.
Raj S

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express Airport in Woodland was a great surprise. Great welcome. Cleanliness showed everywhere and the breakfast was outstanding. Room was comfortable. Nice television. Just an overall good stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Rajwant S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear grampsblof,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are so excited you had an outstanding stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and cleanliness. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This has the usual amenities as all Holiday Inn Express locations. However I was disappointed that after checking in I noticed that the air conditioner did not work, the microwave and refrig did not work and the tv remote did not work. I called the front desk but no one came. I called a half hour later and someone came up within 10 minutes. The maintenance guy was great, fixed it all within 15 minutes. However the hotel should assure things are working before renting the room.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear heidi84,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that your experienced these issues during your stay. It is the responsibility of the manager who checks all rooms daily to ensure these items are working. We understand your frustration when entering our room and finding that they were not running properly. We will reinforce the fact that all of these items should be checked everytime. We are glad our maintenance was able to fix everything quickly for you. We hope you will give us another chance to do better!