See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Love the location. The desk clerk was wonderful, very professional, courteous and had a great sense of humor. Clean room with refrigerator and microwave, there's also a pool and continental breakfast every morning. Right across the street there's is a small water park and lots of places downtown for dinner, we just had a good time. We went to visit our daughter in Sacramento but just prefer to stay at Valley Oaks Inn for the atmosphere and easy going location & parking. Will definitely go back again. Love the place.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We pulled into this hotel at the last minute, exhausted from a long day of driving.... we read some of the reviews and were a bit nervous... BAH HUMBUG! People love to complain- this is a basic overnight hotel that meets all of your needs. The rooms have been remodeled and are spacious. It was quiet. There wasn't any dude staff, there's just a minor language barrier so you have to be patient at check in. The staff was able to direct us to food nearby and local shops.
I was pleasantly surprised by the experience and would recommend stopping here versus the Best Western around the corner. The staff there was pretty rude. As I walked in, the girl at the counter glared at me and said "WE'RE FULL" from across the foyer, just before she told me there weren't any more hotels for another hour outside of Woodland. Upon pulling out of their driveway, I ran into Valley Oaks Inn. Thank goodness the staff here was kind and made up for the behavior of the other place.
They do have a very basic continental breakfast, but it's enough to get you through the morning. I will keep this on my list of stops for the future!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
ManagerVOI, Manager at Valley Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

There were a few hotels North of this location in Yuba City and South in Sacramento and Roedale, that were priced quite a bit more ... this was off the high way by a few blocks... quiet, clean, working air conditioners, included wi-fi and continental breakfast super affordably. We checked in very late ( next morning) ... the gentleman let us in to his secure lobby ... gave us keys and the shpeal on the hotel info. we had brkfst and was on our way early... Quick and Easy...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I came in late at night. The desk clerk followed me outside and found out I was a doctor, asked me for help with a hair transplant doctor, really creepy. I felt unsafe and ended up leaving without staying the night.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2017

I've stayed in this hotel several times and it wasn't real bad. Electricity went out about 9 pm. There was absolutlty no communication at all. In fact when you called the front desk he hung up on you. The visitor as he called himself was nasty. Not a people person. Get rid of him. He told me if I didn,tlike it go elsewhere. I reserved a king bed room. He said he didn't have any. So I said ok I'll take 2 queens then. He said didn't have that either. Liar. When he saw that I had been there several times he changed his tune. We will not be back that's for sure. Plus the room stunk to high heaven.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family