Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County
  • Pool
USD 269*
USD 227*
GardenInn.com
Vintners Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
USD 342*
Hotels.com
USD 586*
USD 555*
Orbitz.com
The Duchamp Healdsburg(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
USD 651*
USD 632*
Travelocity
All reviewswine countrygreat holidayusual hiesanta rosacomplimentary breakfastnice stayyogurtnice breakfastdry creek valleycoffee makerking roomhighwayhealdsburgwallpaperwineriesinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Booked online for our Saturday and Sunday night stay for my mother and I. Went to visit an aunt that lives just down the road. Booked under my mother's name as she was able to get the senior discount. We specifically requested to be placed in the back of the hotel so no road traffic would disturb us, as the hotel is facing the 101. We are both typically light sleepers.

Was greeted by friendly staff, and quickly went to our room on the 2nd floor just down the hall from the elevator. The room overlooked the pool, which we were unable to use due to the cool weather. Our room was very clean and very spacious, and the bathroom had plenty of counter space for us each to set out our personal items. We had double beds and each of us slept like babies. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. We enjoyed the hot tub in the evenings after long days of walking/shopping/sightseeing. In the mornings we had delicious full breakfasts prior to starting out.

Definitely check out the shops and restaurants in both Windsor and Healdsburg, as they are both well worth the trip.

Parking was in a gated lot. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank hctravelers
HIEinWindsor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Thanks for the great Trip Advisor score! Sounds like you fully embraced your trip to Sonoma County. It was a privileged to be a part of your great memories. Hope you come back soon and make more!

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stay for one night, nice and friendly check inn with good touristic information. Conviniant for visiting Sonoma and northerm wineries, russian river side, guenerville, Amstrong Forest, near nice restaurant in Santa Rosa, Josh and Ash winery
CLean room, confortable bed ( i know these is kind of personnal)
Didn't eat in the hotel, perfect for visiting around, and eat, enjoy scenery of Sonoma Valley

1  Thank Claudia_QTZ

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! You definitely highlighted some of the reasons I had to make Sonoma County my home. Windsor really is the perfect family friendly jumping off point for all things Northern California. With the views, wineries, eclectic art and creative feel you really would have to live here a while to see it all! For those not ready to make that commitment catch me or any of our Service Representatives running the desk for a great list of area highlights within your time budget!

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Ordinarily I love Holiday Inn Express hotels but these beds are the worst, hard and very uncomfortable.
Everything else was fine - the usual room, comfortable, nicely appointed but the beds really detract. The desk clerk that checked us in was very helpful and allowed us to change rooms as the first one she put us in faced the freeway.
Not unique to them but why can't these chains use biodegradable items in their breakfast rooms; the products are available, hardly more expensive and would save us and the environment from the contamination of all of this styrofoam.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
HIEinWindsor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Hey thank you so much for the candid review. As you can imagine our hotel has gotten similar feedback and as a result we actually have purchased all new double sided plush beds for our guest rooms. As of December 2011 our rooms have been upgraded. I've uploaded a photo here if you would like to take a look, more to come. As for biodegradable dishware we couldn't agree more... We actually went a step further and purchased real plates, bowls, cups and silverware for our breakfast bar. It's my understanding we are the first HIE to do so and it has actually worked out so well I don't doubt many others will follow suit in the years to come. Naturally we still have to provide the disposable stuff as an option for guests that want it.. but that change alone has drastically cut this hotel's carbon foot print and instead of biodegradable trash we have next to none at all. Most guests truly appreciate the benefit of eating on real stoneware. If you're ever traveling in Windsor again I do hope you'll give us a second chance. Constructive feedback is always welcome here and we do our best to listen and accommodate what guests like yourself have to say. Oh, and should you have an opportunity to come back I hope you will continue to be candid about what we can do to provide you with your best hotel experience. Truly I thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here for a wedding. This hotel did not seem as fresh as many HIExpress that we have stayed in. The mattress was thin and lumpy. The bathroom sink did not drain properly. The wireless internet worked intermittently. The room was not clean around the baseboards. The bathroom was small. However, the breakfast room was nice and the there was a large selection. I would not book this hotel again.

1  Thank Mmarymomm

"First three, then the multitude" it's a quote from a book I read once and I think it applies here in a way. You're going along minding your own business and suddenly something isn't quite the way it should be.. but you ignore it. Then something else comes up.. and you try to ignore that too... by the third issue you're seeing every negative detail. I'm right there with you about the beds, happily they have all been replaced as of December 2011. As to the internet per Holiday Inn Express Standards we actually have 2 internet providers in the event one should fail there is a back up service for our guests. And naturally a tech support number as well. Presently, our hotel has 3 times the standard Holiday Inn Express bandwidth. We recently discovered our device had issues with apple products and the equipment was upgraded.. I wonder if that might have been the issue. I regret that your stay went in that direction and left you unsatisfied with your stay. I hope you understand the slow drain and lack of attention to the baseboards is unacceptable and not at all indicative of the rooms we provide by and large on a daily basis. I sincerely hope you will consider giving our property another chance all the same.. and if you would be that gracious please be sure to let me know you're coming. I'd want to personally make sure everything is perfect.

Reviewed 30 June 2011

It was an overnight stay. This was the only room that I can find in Sonoma for that weekend. The front desk staff was professional, personable, efficient, and friendly.

Breakfast was okay. Eating area was clean and staff restocked food before it was empty!

The bed was not comfortable at all. The room itself was spacious and the bathroom was clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monkeyed

Our beds were terrible... There's really no getting around that. Thanks for having the kindness to highlight our best qualities also though. It's so easy to see everything as bad with such an obvious black eye like the beds we used to have. Happily they have all since been replaced with fluffy double pillow top mattress sets. So I hope on your way through Windsor you stop and give us a second opportunity to serve you and yours. I know you'll love the many upgrades we've implemented since your last visit. Love, Light and Blessings!