We booked this hotel about three weeks before our trip on the advice of our travel agent. It did not disappoint. Check in was courteous and fast and within moments we were on our way to the parking garage and into our room. Parking is underground and $18 a day. Not bad considering the rest of the area hotels charge considerably more. It was also very convenient as the elevator led directly to the floors. Our room had two king beds and was overlooking the pool. It had a small kitchenette area with a sink and a mini fridge and a microwave. We used the fridge for our bottled water but didn't use the microwave. The pool is quite nice. It has flowering vines and a pergola. The outside of the hotel has nice flowering bushes. The hotel reminded me of an antique home or even a little villa. It has that 'small' intimate feel and is nicely decorated. Most importantly, its clean. Another reviewer wrote that it looked 'tired' and although there are parts of the hotel (lower levels near parking garage) that were old looking, the area where the rooms were seemed perfectly fine. We had a room on the third floor, which is essentially the same floor as the lobby. Breakfast was typical of the kind you would find in one of the US hotels. They had a selection of breads, bagels, cupcakes and cereals. They had a waffle maker and the staff made them for you upon request. Hot items included scrambled eggs, little omelette patties, ham, bacon and sausages. It was enough to get us going and not have to worry about finding somewhere to eat in the morning.
The location of the hotel can't be beaten! Its in the 'sunset strip' and within walking distance of the place to be in West Hollywood. Restaurants and entertainment venues were all close by. The Hollywood walk of fame was a 40 minute walk away and was easy to get to.
The staff in this hotel have all been very, very nice. The front desk staff have all been courteous and were always quick to say good morning, good evening or even smile and ask if we needed anything. Everyone seemed to try their best...even the on site maintenance staff were all smiling and attentive. We relied upon them for dinner suggestions and even things to see and do and we have not been disappointed by their recommendations.
We are still here and will be here for 6 nights. We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the West Hollywood area and would defintely return here if we ever come back!!
Many thanks to the staff who have made our stay so wonderful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Mediterranean inspired hotel centrally located between Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Just minutes from famous beaches, Universal Studios and Walk of Fame. Daily sightseeing tours are available from the hotel lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western West Hollywood
- West Hollywood Best Western
- Best Western Sunset Plaza Hotel