“Romantic tête à tête”
Review of Pump Lounge

Pump Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Pump Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 451 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you want to impress your partner or friends with a romantic dinner.... go to pump!
The staff is very friendly and not in the typical american way to get a big tipp at the end.
Food isnt high maintenance but delicious and big portions.
Vanderpump sangria gave us a night to remember ❤️❤️❤️
Seeing Lisa & Ken made the evening complete!
Keep on going!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I reserved our table online weeks in advance and when we arrived the restaurant was almost empty. We requested a garden table but were not accommodated despite the emptiness. The decor is lovely but the food was the next disappointment. My steak was so overseasoned that I could hardly take 2 bites. We sent the steak back and the 2nd one was unseasoned but not much better. Everyone in my family rated the food as below average or just average. I expected so much more!

2  Thank terrimccormick1
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Pump after watching the reality show for a couple of years now and on my visit to LA, it was on my list. Just something to do I guess. Had a drink with my partner here and loved the atmosphere and ambiance of the place. It was a lot busier than Sur. Staff were really friendly. People were ordering food and it looked great. A visit for sure if your a fan or to pop in and have a drink.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I have to say the restaurant itself is a lovely setting, and that’s where the positives end unfortunately.
My friend had been looking forward to coming here for months, being a big fan of Lisa Vanderpump, so by proxy so were the rest of us.
We were welcomed pleasantly enough and shown to our table in an alcove. Then subsequently left there for 40 minutes before we were even asked if we’d like a drink. (Which we had to wave the server down for).
Following another 10 minute wait we placed our order and from there the experience only got worse.
When our appetizers arrived they came with a the side of fries that we ordered for our entrees. Not a capital offense in itself, but these (same) fries would appear again with our mains. Stone cold.
Ours mains themselves were not bad. And that’s about as positive as I can be, as I’ve had better home cooked meals. That being said I suppose I was lucky enough to be able to sample it as we had to break up a conversation of two bus boys to ask for some cutlery to eat our food with.
All this combined with our completely nonchalant waiter, who was clearly more interested in the group of girls on the next table, left a very sour taste in our mouths over the entire evening. In fact our experience was so poor, we left no tip. Coming for the UK, where you only tip for a good service, (because we actually pay our servers fair wages) we felt no remorse not tipping such a poor excuse for a customer experience.

Pump is a classic example of one of those restaurants where the food and the service simply don’t matter because it’s busy enough by reputation and if you have the money to burn then go ahead you’ll probably enjoy yourself. However if your going for a special experience or for a specific event, I’d try something different. This place wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a city where service matters.

3  Thank Lord_Stillwater
Reviewed 17 March 2018

The food is absolutely fabulous, wait staff is kind and helpful. I could eat here every night. Cocktails generous and tasty. Everything is fresh and every detail is well put in place.