All reviews bunk beds farmers market private bathroom stand up comedy mixed dorm comedy show table tennis free shuttle walking distance venice beach melrose avenue short stay santa monica stayed here for nights beverly hills sunset blvd hostel
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This was my friend and I’s first stay in a hostel and we ended up having a great time at the Banana Bungalow West Hollywood.
We enjoyed the social gatherings the hostel offered including a Halloween BBQ. We had the opportunity to meet some new people which made our trip to LA even better.
Our room was an expected size. We stayed in a private room which was one double bed and two bunk beds. There was enough space for the both of us. The bathroom was what you would expect for the price, nothing fancy but did the job.
We enjoyed the toast for breakfast and the common areas were very spacious. Location is close to The Grove and a 15-20min wall to Hollywood Boulevard. We found it was fairly close to most of the places we were visiting. A good central location. There was also free alcohol (with tip) at most social gatherings on the calendar, so a good one for the cheeky people out there ;)

We had some confusion checking in with multiple times being thrown around, which wasn’t ideal as we had just flown in from Australia, but it was cleared up and we had a room within 15 mins.

We would recommend staying there for an affordable option in LA!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bree G
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hostel, plenty of organized events and decent breakfast. Free parking is great. Rooms are ok (6 mixed dorm) but beds are terrible!

On our second night the bathroom in our room was closed because of a leak. Not sure why it had to be fixed during the night....

Neighborhood isnt that special, car is recommended. Tip: go to the Farmers Market, 10 min walk.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here this time last year in a 16 share budget traveller room. It was comfortable enough and I enjoyed the value, atmosphere and location and so when I came back to California this year I decided to stay again. This time I booked a 6 share traveller dorm and it was $4 more a night but is absolutely fantastic. You have a bathroom and toilet in the room which you only share with 5 other people opposed to a floor and having less people in a room/bathroom means less disruption. I have really really enjoyed my stay and would stay time and time again. Has a great vibe, great wifi (doesn't drop in and out like most other places!) and has everything you need for travelling on a budget. You get free breakfast and free tea and coffee at all times. There are cool free nights where they have free BBQs and drinks. Staff are mostly great and helpful... a few aren't as friendly (but that's America generally I think) and it is fantastic value. The Weho location is conveniently located to most things (and Uber's/Lyft is really cheap anyway). Has underground parking for vehicles. Would definitely recommend (and definitely recommend the 6 bed dorm for a few extra bucks)!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Building quite old but very clean, could not open the door leading to patio large sign stating if you opened it your would loose your deposit and your accommodation would be cancelled. The air condition is centrally control and on the first day it was freezing until I blocked it with cardboard. The next three days there was no air conditioning and not beginning able to open a window or door there was no air flow. Breakfast was really good best in USA we had with accommodation. Location was really good, staff really fiendly and security good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with statravel.com
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Great location, private room was large (1 double and 2 bunk beds), and the private bathroom was lovely to have. The balcony was also a great addition!

Kitchens were clean and never too busy, and the staff seemed quite helpful. There was lots of events on and run by the hostel staff.

Free parking was a bonus, although spaces are quite limited.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple