“Excellent food and good service”
Review of Phonomenal

Phonomenal
Ranked #88 of 462 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Wow, the food here is excellent! It has a nice atmosphere and the waiting staff were very friendly. Definitely try any Pho and the bird's nest with crunchy noodles. This place is dog friendly like pretty much all of LA.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The location is stunning, with a little courtyard of serenity away from the hustle and bustle of Hollywood. Great value given its West Hollywood location and the beef stew was out of this world. So tender and the broth was packed with flavour. Calamari left a bit to be desired.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017

My dining experience at Phonomenal was splendid. My table in the courtyard beside a fountain was relaxing and cooling on a very hot summer day in West Hollywood. The staff were helpful and interested to know how my meal was. The service was prompt and the food was piping hot and delicious ~ mine was yellow chicken curry, one of the house specials, and I can see why. I'll be back as there were other items on the menu I was also interested in like the Pineapple Fried Rice and the Sizzling Salmon. The fresh coconut was one of the best I've ever had as was the coconut ice cream that is house made with peanuts and I think pistachios sprinkled to give the ice cream a nutty accent. The staff were very hospitable. And I'll be back again.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Had the lemon pepper shrimp as an appetizer. Very good. Had the beef & meatball Pho. Excellent. The Pho by it self would have been enough food for lunch as it is a very healthy portion. The outdoor garden seating was perfect on a nice day.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

This was the third Asian restaurant we ate in WeHo on this trip (Nobo and Roppopongi being the other two) and this one is in the Goldilocks zone.
We are a range of rolls, the soups and a birds nest. Sublime herbs and seasoning - really subtle yet aromatic. Good sized portions (4s of everything rather than twos and for less money than the other venues).
We ate early and the restaurants calm atmosphere was a perfect antidote to the busy WeHo streets - literally a little oasis of calm in the outside courtyard.
Really good service and advice on dishes.
Can't recommend this place enough. Top of my pick of three in WeHo based on value for money. Sure the food at Nobu was in a different league but way more expensive, this place blows Roppopongi out of the water.
Great place to come - I hope you love it as much as we did.

Date of visit: June 2017