All reviewsbar marmontold schoolwalls could talkhollywood historymain buildinglarge living roomjunior suitepeople watchinghollywood feeloutdoor restaurantfull kitchenfour seasonslos angeleshotel barsunset blvdspent nightshotel guests
Reviewed 31 July 2015

Like I said in the title, this is our favorite hotel in LA. very dark, very funky, lots of old Hollywood history. if those guest rooms could talk, there would be some crazy stories.
if you like to spot celebs. I've never been here without running into one. the staff is always exceptional.
Look, if you want a big beautiful marble bathroom, and ultra modern furnishings, this place isn't for you, but if you want one of the coolest spots in West Hollywood, check it out. Also, have dinner at the the restaurant in the courtyard, always a lot of fun, and the food is actually wonderful. the bar Marmont next door is always a fun scene as well.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

So I will first mention that I had the pleasure of residing in both Sunset Tower, as well as Chateau Marmont.

This place really left a lot to desire.

Firstly- celebrities: yes

However, I'm more into modern, flashier, and also new sort of archecture and decor.
The kale salad was amazing, and they had my favorite wild-caught salmon. My room was big, but old. Also pretty good red wines haha.

It's an okay place.

Just not trendy imo. Check it out though

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Gordon S
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are are here for 1 night for a little pre anniversary fun. We just arrived and while the staff is very nice the room is awful. How this hotel has 5* is beyond me. The rooms haven't been touched since the 50s. The toilet is cracked the tiles in the bathroom are cracked and the shower is abhorrently tiny with no light and a motel quality shower curtain. Come here for a drink but stay somewhere else. Also on the welcome card in the room they spelled my name wrong not a terribly big deal but not what you would expect from such a prestigious hotel.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Although we are more Four Seasons type of travellers, this property has an amazing vibe... There is something about its decor, its ambience, its feel and its service that is really unique.. It's superb if you value privacy and its room service is great!. its difficult to pick another hotel when at that side of the world especially if you wanna be walking distance from Sunset Blvd... Its not easy to pinpoint what makes this hotel so great so we certainly recommend you give it a try!....

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandros C
Reviewed 16 July 2015

I always had Chateau Marmont on my "pending" list of hotels I wanted to visit. In June I booked a one bedroom suite for four nights. After the first night I would have gladly left but my favorite hotel in LA was fully booked so I stayed for the four nights and really had the chance to experience the phenomenon of staying in a hotel that has mistaken hype and vintage with unaceptable levels of quailty in a luxury hotel.

Keeing a hotel in its pure essence from the 1950s is a great concept. Having a kitchen with a vintage General Electric fridge is not only practical but fun and unique.

However a very aged 2 meter squared bathoom with nowhere to hang your towel, a window that doesn't close properly, a narrow bath which is also the shower with a motel standard curtain, etc is definitely not what you expect in an 800 USD suite. Keep the vintage furniture, keep the overall 1950s look but please update the bathroom.

Chipped paint on the wall and stained rugs seem to be left to give the place a bit more "character". Obviously someone in the hotel management misunderstood the concept of vintage with zero maintenance.

Don't expect to work out if you are staying here. The treadmill (the only machine I use) was of very poor quality with a TV that kept shaking while you were running making it impossible to watch anything.

Breakfast is an uneven experience. Some days service was adequate, never excellent, and other days we had to have our breakfast with the vacuum cleaner plugged in next to our table. A very elegant couple sitting next to us got up and left without finishing their breakfast unable to stand the noise any longer. Oh, and it took 40 minutes to get an order of cereal and black coffee.

My overall conclusion is that the hotel is so worried about being hype, that they forgot to be a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple