I always read Tripadvisor reviews before I travel so I noted a few negative reviews of the Mondrian in West Hollywood. That said, I know some of the other properties owned by this company, so I felt pretty confident.
We were not disappointed. We upgraded to a suite with a balcony and, yes, all the balconies face the pool and the SkyBar. Yes it's loud. We were on the 9th floor so it wasn't really an issue. One night we simply went there and that solved that. Our room was very comfortable, the bathroom with its two headed shower was nice, the bellman was awesome, the valet guys wrestled the top off our rented Jeep (no small feat) and Jason the concierge hooked us for drinks and dinner at various spots on Sunset and Melrose like we were movie starts.
Everybody was friendly and helpful the vibe is very young, hip and fun even for an oldster like me...I'm in my mid-fifties and I was perfectly comfortable there. We ate at Asia De Cuba one night in the hotel and our waiter was awesome and the Butter Fish and Cuban Chicken BBQ were delightful.
If you like hipster hotels (Morgans, Kimpton, etc), you'll love the Mondrian...It's not the Marriott or Shutters On The Beach, or The Beverly Hills Hotel - it's a different kind of hotel. If you check out their web page, you should know what to expect. If it looks the part, just engage the staff and you will be rewarded with great service and a lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotelopia so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood