“Great place for brunch! ”

Main Street Kitchen
Ranked #92 of 328 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Love this place! It's the perfect place for breakfast that means breakfast and yet tastes and looks much better than the standard diner fare! The outdoor seating especially is a favorite of mine. The beautiful summer days , of which we have some great ones right now are so much more enjoyable when accompanied by some great Mimosas and food!
I especially love their potato hash, vegetarian and sausage options both! My husband usually goes with the poached eggs and can't say one bad thing about them. They have the standard sheets for kids to color and a small kids menu with choices that please most kids.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Table of ten family members sharing the day after a wedding.
The service was excellent, the food tasty, but pricey for us Mid-westerners. French toast for $18? Still, everyone enjoyed their food. My well traveled daughter said the chilaquiles were the best she ever had. And we laughed when she asked for avocado and the waitress replied "This is California, you can have avocado with everything"

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Delicious, personable, and fresh fare. Main Street kitchen is a great destination if you want to stay away from chain restaurants. Fresh fish of the day is grilled, flavorable and set on top of a bed of grilled vegetables. Try the panzanella salad or fish tacos. The margarita tonight is touched with lavender lemonade but changes by day. The chef may visit your table and share his favorites. Save room for dessert. The brown sugar banana ice cream and the stone fruit and berry crisp (separate dishes) are to die for! Enjoy!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ventured out for a motorcycle ride from Oakland CA to Walnut Creek. We were walking around town while deciding where to go for lunch and I remembered that we had walked by Main Street Kitchen earlier and noticed people eating outside had what looked to be yummy food on their plates. So we walked back there around 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon. They were still serving Sunday Brunch as well as their regular menu.
My wife opted for an omelet made with dates and goat cheese. It came with a house salad and she ordered a side of bacon. I ordered a Ravioli dish made with peas & ricotta cheese, with mint leaves corn and peas in a light sauce. Both dishes were melt in your mouth quality so much so that our conversation revolved around how good the food was.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Fairly recently opened went for brunch. Food and service excellent.pleasant premises with out side seating.