“Birthday Meal!”

Ranked #50 of 324 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hunan (Chinese)
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Visited with another couple for a birthday meal back in September. The food was delicious and fresh, however the service was not that great. Parts of our meal arrived at different times, often when another part of our meal was finished.
However food made up for the lack of service.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

The potstickers were wonderfully cooked and the sesame chicken was heavenly. The sweet and sour pork was surprisingly subtle and not overly sweet. The disappointments were the noodles and the walnut prawns.
The service was attentive, and fast. And the complementary ice cream was a nice surprise!

1  Thank 497kenethb
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice Chinese meal here the food was good not great and it was American style Chinese food. The steamed dumplings were very good. The food was a reasonable price.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I have to rave about this place a bit. I have a fever but allergy and if I even smell any type of nuts my throat swells shut. My boyfriend and I went in to eat and while waiting for a table we noticed that there were nuts everywhere. We told the host never mind getting us a table because we wouldn't be able to stay and told her why. Instead of letting us go she told us to wait outside and made all of the food we wanted making sure to keep it away from all the nuts in the kitchen and brought it out for us to eat at a table outside. After so many waiters I've had in the past who have been rude and just inconsiderate about my allergy I really appreciate when people are kind, especially when they don't have to be. The food was great but the service blew me away.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

I have been going for lunch to Dragon's Pond on Locust St. for a few years and they haven't let me down yet. They have a very large menu to choose from for lunch and the quality has always been excellent for about $8 to $9. The lunch entrees come with soup, rice, and a choice of salad or spring roll, but I usually ask to substitute the rice for a salad and a spring roll and they always do that at no extra charge. The Portabella mushroom with shrimp is one of my favorites along with the cilantro chicken.