“So accommodating”

Ranked #91 of 298 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hunan (Chinese)
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I have to rave about this place a bit. I have a fever but allergy and if I even smell any type of nuts my throat swells shut. My boyfriend and I went in to eat and while waiting for a table we noticed that there were nuts everywhere. We told the host never mind getting us a table because we wouldn't be able to stay and told her why. Instead of letting us go she told us to wait outside and made all of the food we wanted making sure to keep it away from all the nuts in the kitchen and brought it out for us to eat at a table outside. After so many waiters I've had in the past who have been rude and just inconsiderate about my allergy I really appreciate when people are kind, especially when they don't have to be. The food was great but the service blew me away.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

I have been going for lunch to Dragon's Pond on Locust St. for a few years and they haven't let me down yet. They have a very large menu to choose from for lunch and the quality has always been excellent for about $8 to $9. The lunch entrees come with soup, rice, and a choice of salad or spring roll, but I usually ask to substitute the rice for a salad and a spring roll and they always do that at no extra charge. The Portabella mushroom with shrimp is one of my favorites along with the cilantro chicken.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Not exactly plowing new ground, it is very good Chinese food, served hot and plenty of it. I absolutely love Drunken Chicken!--the garlic is unique.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I discovered this amazingly fine Chinese restaurant several years ago, Since then I have introduced many friends and family to its delights, even ordering trays for large family parties. Everything is delicious, my favorite is the black bean chow fun. Staff is friendly, atmosphere (quiet) to my liking.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I love Dragon's Pond but unfortunately my other half doesn't like Chinese food, so this is a secret destination when I can slip away. Enormous menu (ask for the full menu if you go for lunch if you don't believe me), but lunch still has 30 specials. Never had a bad meal yet, but everything is so good I don't experiment much and continue to Oder what I have tried before. Trust me. If you like Chinese food, definitely try Dragon's Pond. The Chef has cooked all over the world and makes terrific sauces at the most reasonable prices in Walnut Creek!

1  Thank Tom A