“Consistently good food”

Ranked #78 of 306 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hunan (Chinese)
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Not exactly plowing new ground, it is very good Chinese food, served hot and plenty of it. I absolutely love Drunken Chicken!--the garlic is unique.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I discovered this amazingly fine Chinese restaurant several years ago, Since then I have introduced many friends and family to its delights, even ordering trays for large family parties. Everything is delicious, my favorite is the black bean chow fun. Staff is friendly, atmosphere (quiet) to my liking.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I love Dragon's Pond but unfortunately my other half doesn't like Chinese food, so this is a secret destination when I can slip away. Enormous menu (ask for the full menu if you go for lunch if you don't believe me), but lunch still has 30 specials. Never had a bad meal yet, but everything is so good I don't experiment much and continue to Oder what I have tried before. Trust me. If you like Chinese food, definitely try Dragon's Pond. The Chef has cooked all over the world and makes terrific sauces at the most reasonable prices in Walnut Creek!

1  Thank Tom A
Reviewed 5 January 2016

I've been here many times and usually enjoy the food. sometimes it's better than others. It's not your typical Chinese restaurant in that most of the tables are pretty small, so having all of your dishes on the table at the same time is not feasible. Last night 4 of us dined there; the food was really good (spicy Mongolian beef was the best). We liked the duck and the won ton soup. But, everything came out separately and slooowly.....and we had to ask a couple times for the rice which came when we were nearly finished with our first dish. It would be great if both the food and service were really good at the same time. In my experience, this has rarely been the case.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

This is a basic "Chinese" restaurant. It's too bad that "Chinese" has come to mean fast food, because real Chinese food has amazing variety and depth. So many different kinds of food. For basic American-style Chinese food, this is pretty decent. Typical lunches.... soup, egg roll or salad, choice of rice, and main course. The shrimp are fresh and do not smell of ammonia, a sure sign of aged critters. Service is quick and waitpeople are friendly.