“First time there for lunch and left disappointed!”
Review of Jack's Urban Eats

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jack's Urban Eats
Ranked #129 of 315 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After reading several very good reviews about Jacks Urban Eats and recommendations from friends we decided to try this place and was disappointed. I had the tri-tip plate with French Fries and Mac and cheese. The tri tip was flavorable but luke warm and not a very large serving. French Fries were tasty like the Mac and cheese but the M&C was also not very hot. Wife had turkey with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Said the turkey was moist and tasted good but the potatoes and broccoli were just warm. Based on the price and servings size I thought the place was expensive and they should do a better job heating up their food. Might try this place again for a sandwich or salad but not for a hot meal.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had lunch here.Its cafeteria style sort to say. you walk up to order and then a few members of the staff load your plate with your order. As we walked by various tables i could see what others had and was pretty impressed by what I saw. Fresh Turkey was awesome and they carved it off the Turkey. My wife's sandwich and the girls grilled cheese was more than plenty to eat. We would eat here again in a second.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We've been eating at Jack's for several years on my visits. On this occasion I had the Farmer's market frittata. It had spinach, artichokes, feta, and assorted other veggies. Really delicious. My companions had the Greek scramble and the kids menu. Don't forget one of Jack's Bloody Mary's to get you started right.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I discovered this place through Southwest Dining. Went there for lunch in January 2018. Parking can be a challenge. Walked in, people were friendly. Ordered the BBQ Tri-Tip Sandwich to go – delicious.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Located in a new strip mall, this cafeteria style restaurant really delivers good food. You order in line, then they bring your order to your table. My turkey berry sandwich was delish, mainly because they have real turkey, not that processed stuff. You can see the turkey being carved! The bread was even good. Instead of the “fresh baked roll” which looked too bready for my taste, I asked for whole wheat bread. It was grilled! No sides came with it, but I ordered the roasted butternut squash which I would highly recommend. Very popular restaurant. 3 friends had lunch there, & we arrived at 11:30. By noon there was a line.