Alta Vista Botanical Gardens
Open today: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
A Wonderful Surprise

We wanted to find something fun to do outside and were rewarded with a visit to the Botanical... read more

Reviewed 20 August 2018
Ellesbells742
Overland Park, Kansas
A must see botanical garden. Surprising. Large. Quiet. An amazing view.

This place doesn't seem to come up in most CA botanical garden listings. But it should be near the... read more

Reviewed 28 March 2018
Becky208
Boise, Idaho

All reviews children's garden discovery trail musical instruments all ages beauty statues planting paths donation art picnic park kids
Reviewed 9 May 2016

The Alta Vista Gardens is a delightful garden for children of all ages to enjoy. The music garden is a favorite with creatively constructed instruments. We love the beautiful koi fish pond covered in lily pads. The near by table and chair are ideal for lunch or a snack break. On our last visit we spotted two frogs! There are several trails to wander through featuring a look out, a second pond, a hummingbird garden, sculptures, and so much more. Wear comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, and plan on spending a couple hours. Strollers are not advisable on all of the trails.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

My Wife and I visited this place today. It is right in the middle of Vista but you wouldn't know it. It was pretty quote and was a relaxing visit. It was a little run down but was ok for $3.00 per person. It looks like it used to be a very nice place to visit. It isn't funded by the city of Vista, too bad because it could be a very nice little getaway. Take a stroll one day when you need to just relax and don't want to drive 40 miles to San Diego for a garden experience.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I've been here several times sometimes just to see the plants, sometimes to get pictures and sometimes for events. Lots of stuff to see.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

A beautiful little park to stroll through on a sunny day. Local artist display their sculptures and the botanical collection is interesting. A very cool destination on a hot day as well.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

I went to the Alta Vista Gardens with my granddaughters girl scout troop. I live less than a mile from the gardens, yet I had never been there. I was totally shocked by it's beauty, the views & the interactive aspects. Great place to go for peaceful reflection or to let the kids learn about their environment.

2  Thank Roni M