All reviews convention center downtown area two blocks hardwood floors room service nice hotel front desk staff the air conditioning business trip sequoia national park breakfast buffet visit sequoia clean rooms staff was friendly nice stay coffee maker three rivers
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We arrived at the hotel and saw that it was very busy with cars and large busses. It was hard to reach the lobby with the car. We entered the lobby and saw that there was CONSTRUCTION going on. There was NO mentioning of this when we made the reservation.

The restaurant was in the lobby and I mean really in the lobby with wooden construction walls. There were not many tables. the quality of the food in the morning was so bad that we eat elsewhere. The tables are not cleaned, there is no service at all.

Suddenly there was a parking charge, although this was not mentioned on the website, on the info channel in the room or at the time we made the reservation.

Room was hot, bed not that good so no sleep.
Next time we look for another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eric h
carrie g, General Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

eric h,
Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for any miscommunication regarding construction or parking, we strive to provide the superior service Marriott is known for in the last 80+ years. With this isolated incident, we do hope that when your travels bring you back to Visalia you will give us an opportunity to make it brilliant.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Visalia Marriott is very comfortable place. The room is spacious and clean. I liked the fact that there are a lot of charging ports. I really liked room service. Parking is $7 per day even for the guests.

1  Thank minimize940314
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here recently and the stay was pleasant. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was also good. We had drinks in the bar, and the bartender was friendly. I was there for a convention next door, so this is the place to stay. No issues, and would return

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank cold1za
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Overall stay was fine. Front desk was pleasant but gave me the wrong room; reserved a double queen and got one queen. Very inconvenient to have to go back downstairs to correct this issue. Plus, AC was not strong enough especially for 100 degree weather. Too tired to see about another room that had a better AC.

Also, check out time is noon and don’t appreciate maid service walking into the room at 9:30am to see if the room is vacant to clean. Perhaps, I should have put the “Do not disturb” sign, but I really shouldn’t have to do that. Nothing upsets me more when hotels put up with maid service trying clean rooms this early prior to check out. How busy is a hotel when I was able to book this room just a few days prior... Please allow your guests to be in your rooms without over eager maid service; it’s disconcerting.

1  Thank Yvette A
carrie g, General Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Could Have Been Better,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I sincerely apologize for any unpleasant experiences at our hotel. We strive to deliver exceptional guest service and your valuable feedback will be shared with the team to ensure we deliver on our promise of a great stay. I hope we have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Carrie

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding here last weekend and everyone at the Marriott made our day and entire weekend soo wonderful. I’m soo happy and blessed we chose this location I couldn’t of asked for better service from everyone and the love they showed toward our entire family and all of our guest. Gloria showed us all the love as soon as we got there she is soo warm and loving and krystal with her instant and incredible room service Myra took our party of 40 for dinner without any mistakes and was on Top of everything making me look good with excellent service and Michelle bringing us room service and serving our lunches giving us excellent service as well. Thank you to Carrie Sherri Lori Erin Denise Steven Jessie and everyone else here at the Marriott for everything this weekend was truly amazing and I am soo grateful I will definitely be telling everyone how wonderful you are

1  Thank Sharonmaddux