All reviews included microwave upstairs room chain of hotels room was clean motorway yosemite
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last minute. Cheap and cheerful with a fridge and microwave. It seems recently refurbished inside but is very grotty in the parking lot. Just coffee in the morning - no breakfast. It was cleanish - a couple of small cockroaches around - and beds were comfy. It’s fine fir overnight but why would you stay longer!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Katrina, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel coming from Las Vegas on the way to San Francisco. It was easy to find and the price was great. The rooms were very basic, clean but old. The bed wasn't very comfortable. The batroom was nice enough but I kinda felt that it was lacking. The area didn't feel very safe, several grown men jumped the fence to illegaly use the pool while I was parking and getting into my room. Overall, this motel was what you'd expect for the price. Clean but worn down and it has seen better days.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Even keeping in mind that it is a Motel 6 our stay was very disappointing. The road nearby causes a lot of noise and, aspecially after dark, a lot of shady people walk around the neighbourhood. The bathroom was crawling with very tiny bugs.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy due to the location next to a busy road.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the noise concerns you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I had requested 2 rooms, one with 1 bed and one with 2 beds. When we arrived, all they had was two rooms with 1 bed each. They were otherwise booked and we were forced to make do.

When I arrived at my room, there was someone standing outside next door smoking a cigarette. When I entered my room, there were ants crawling in the bathtub. I called for maintenance. Maintenance showed up around 10:30pm. He sprayed ant poison and was going to leave. I told him that I can’t take a shower in there with the poison and dead ants. He said that I should wait for the maid in the morning but I told him I was leaving at 7:30am; well before a maid would arrive. He left and came back with some rags. He sprayed the bathtub with the shower water and then wiped everything with a rag. I told him that wouldn’t do, it needs to be cleaned with soap and water. He said there was nothing more he could do, I’d have to wait for a maid. Further, I told him that spraying poison doesn’t work. He needed to lay a trap to take the bait back to their nest. He said this using the poison spray was all that corporate policy allowed him to do. When he sprayed the shower water, he had gotten the floor wet and I had to point out that his shoes now left muddy tracks in the bathroom. He wiped the tracks with a rag and took off his shoes. In the morning, the shower had ants all over it again. I did not take a shower.

The room, otherwise, was clean, comfortable, and adequate for my needs.

While not the hotel's fault, the guests in the room above me dropped what must have been a heavy suitcase on the floor, jolting me awake at 5am. And at 6am there were people talking loudly outside my door. It was not a restful morning.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I made reservations in early April '17 for 5/4-6. About 2pm, I was given an upstairs room that still had someone in it. So they put me in a handicapped room (OK with me) downstairs that still needed to be cleaned. My daughter came to stay the next night with me. I paid the difference in cash. About a month after I returned home to WA they charged my CC for my daughter for 2 nights. I called but they could never find a record where they charged me or that I had paid cash. It was not a large amount so after several calls, I dropped it. They were very rude. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo