“Good place to stay if you want to enjoy downtown Visalia”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Santa Monica, California
“Good place to stay if you want to enjoy downtown Visalia”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I'm originally from Visalia, and head back to town every now and then. When I know I want to enjoy the bar and restaurant scene, I stay at this hotel. The amenities are decent (free internet, small gym) and the staff is quite helpful. This is a much more affordable choice compared to the Marriot across the street - which is actually just an old 1/2 renovated Radisson. However, although this hotel is newer (built around 2000), the rooms appear quite older than their age.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing East. On a rare clear day in the valley, you can see the Sierra Nevadas.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Walked in off the street and 1st surprise was reasonable pricing for central city hotel. Nice, large room, quiet and comfortable. Visalia is a lovely clean & tidy city so we stayed another night to have a good look around before heading off to Sequoia NP.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Suites for one night. It was in a convenient location. We came from Sequoia National Park/King's Canyon and stopped here on our way to Hearst Castle. The room was large with a nice sitting room, clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was incredible with A LOT of options.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JodiR95
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This place is in a great town. Visalia is a great walking town with local shops, mom and pop restaurants, bakeries, etc... Convenient to the national parks but this hotel is a mixture of good and bad. The room hasn't been redecorated in decades, seriously, with old tube tv's, blue wall paper, old carpet. It seems clean but who knows, everything is blue and so dark you can't tell if it's clean or not. Allison the front desk manager is the only rude desk clerk we met in 16 nights in hotel rooms. She needs to do something else for a living. The breakfast is amazing. Restaurant quality and free! Location is good but I would save this as a last resort as we did. If everything else is booked this will do in a pinch.

Room Tip: Welcome to the 1980's, and not the good parts
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Humboldt County
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The last two times I stayed at this hotel chain (Oregon and Redlands Ca) were both very positive experiences…nice rooms, great price, wonderful staff….this experience was nothing like my first two!! I should have had a clue when it took twenty some rings for the clerk to answer the phone; it was down fill from there; even though I had a reservation I had to stand in like for nearly 15 mins because the front desk clerk was so slow--there was only one set of guests in front of me; the parking is terrible and the front desk clerk failed to tell me that you can not enter from the parking structure itself, so after driving to the fourth floor I had to turn around, which I was not very happy about since it was nearly midnight and I had been driving all day; when we got into our room it was 85 degrees and the AC was off (I had a reservation, if it is hot and you know some one is going to be checking in, turn on the AC!) the room looked like it had not been redecorated since the early 80's and I felt the need to wear my sandals and not risk going barefoot; granted Visalia is near cattle farms, I don't believe a room smelling like cow feces is ok at all; minor things: the business center was out of order as well as the drinking fountain; I can not tell you how the breakfast was because my husband and I did not want to risk eating there after our experience…I was about to write off Choice Hotels all together but decided to do a "drive by before reserving" on the last night of our trip in Vacaville…100% nicer!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple