“Good Stuff”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I would gladly give 5 stars if the salad and cabbage were fresher. Both had a brown tint to it and that is not good on a salad. Other then that, great food.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I am writing this review based off a single experience only. I have been dining at this restaurant since it's opening and never had a bad meal. Last night my wife and I had dinner there. Sushi was amazing. I paid with my credit card (first time using my card in weeks because the strip doesn't work, only the chip). A waiter that was not serving my table took my card and ran it without issues. didn't think anything of it because I know the numbers can be entered manually...

so long story short, there were two unauthorized purchases on my card this morning to American Eagle (a brand I have never ever considered purchasing, because $$$$). the total purchases was $150. I called my credit card company and AE to try and settle the issue, which they did. but I also wanted to speak to the manager of Gozen because I didn't want their reputation to be ruined by a bad employee. the manager was "unavailable" but my concerns were passed on in a message with a promise to call me back. And did they call me back? I wouldn't be writing this review if they did.

So if you want good sushi for a good price, definitely go to Gozen. just make sure you bring cash.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Really like the nice modern decor. Fast service. The menu was mostly sushi and rolls. No Bento Boxes menu items. I ordered the chicken teriyaki and California rolls. It came with Mitzo soup, salad and fried rice ($1 more). The chicken had a good flavor, the rice was good, the soup was flavorful. I was slightly annoyed by the tough seaweed on the California rolls. It was hard to bite through. Had to use my hand to pull on it which unraveled the roll. I can't put a whole roll in my mouth otherwise. Oh and watch out for the soy sauce dispenser which come in a small ceramic tea pot with a stubby spout. It was impossible to pour a little out without it dribbling down the side of the pot. Resulted in too much soy sauce on my food. Will try other Japanese restaurants first before returning here again. Again, because of the limited lunch plate selections and the price.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I liked the set up for the place, it is very pleasing aesthetically. The prices were reasonable and the food itself was delicious. I went here on a date and had an amazing time. Will definitely come back!

1  Thank SunnyvaleKid
Reviewed 8 June 2017

The food at Gozen is tasty but the place is overpriced. I enjoyed the meal but the Teriyaki Chicken was simply Americanized and average. The Tempura was very tasty but the whole experience was just average so I felt they were overpriced.

Been to Gozen Sushi? Share your experiences!