All reviews the breakfast area free breakfast is definitely stay here again sequoia np room was clean and comfortable nice hotel hie cord freeway sofa tv accommodations california amenities park
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The bed was very comfortable. The shower and room in general was great. The breakfast was very nice with a good selection of carbs and protein. The biggest problem during my 6 night stay was the free wifi. It was horrible the first night, kept dropping connection. The front desk gave me a number to call and the internet was great for 3 days. Then the same problem with internet connecting about 2 minutes. I talked 4 times with the internet provider and it took 24 hrs to get the internet back. After that it was a fair connection. So if you have problems and really need the internet call and don't give up.

Room Tip: Room 401 has a King size bed and a large shower. Quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Tharaldson, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you, Glad we could bring you the highest level of hospitality your deserve. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we love you make you feel at home. I apologize for your issues with the internet connection. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

PLUSES: A comfortable and safe place to shower and sleep, staff were friendly, lots of free parking.

HOWEVER: I felt that the price was high for the quality of the properly. Although it was a fairly new: (1) I had to turn off the refrigerator - it had a bad seal and made lots of noise; and (2) the shower door wouldn't shut - slide one side and it slid back to open, same for the other side - wasn't installed level.

I liked that it was "eco-friendly" - key card was needed to turn on the electricity and there was a low-flow showerhead - but (a) there was no place to recycle things, and (b) the individual room thermostat didn't seem to work at all - it was fixed on one setting and it got kind of cold in the evening. Fortunately, I had extra clothing and was able to put on two layers.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank PickyBizTraveler315
Tharaldson, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for the detailed review. We appreciate you bringing those issues to our attention. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and our eco-friendly rooms! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Holiday Inn Express Visalia California, very nice and clean hotel, room was clean and comfortable, bathroom was clean and large, close to freeway, nice swimming pool, ok wi-fi connection, ok breakfast, worth to stay there

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
rloretto, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Glad you enjoyed your time here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Visalia, CA.We are looking forward on seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I travel for work and usually seek out an HIE first because I know that I will get something clean. This was no exception. It is a short drive from hwy 99. In a newer section of town. It is a Green hotel. Totally updated. It comes with the average amenities that most mid-line hotels have. I see they made some corrections that are wrong with their other HIE's. Like the room had 4 USB ports! I noticed 2 other people had complaints I wanted to address. One commented on being at the mercy of mgt to determine your thermostat. There is a thermostat on the wall, but YOU adjust your heat/air at the unit under the window. You don't touch what is on the wall. Someone else commented about the slamming doors. One of the things I noticed about this hotel is that the doors DON'T slam on their own. On my room, if you didn't pull it shut, it would not close all the way. So it is the patrons pulling the door closed too hard that cause the noise, not self slamming doors that you find at other hotels. Another thing I liked is this hotel has a weather strip at the bottom of the door, which is nice and helps to keep the cool air from the corridor coming in your room (and light)
I will say that I loved the updated decor of the hotel. I thought that the bed was softer than some other HIE's. It had a nice sharp TV and you even have the ability (if you have an HDMI cord with you) to hook up music or your computer to watch it on the TV if you wish.
Now I would have given this HIE 5 stars, if it were not for the noise factor. with ALL the upgrades and corrections that the builder made with this hotel, the one thing they didn't seem to feel was a priority was making the walls between the rooms more sound proof. The man next to me called every one of his relatives to wish them Happy New Year and I could hear about every word. Then all the talking loosened some phlegm in his throat which he took about 15 minutes to get up totally. So up until then, this was the best HIE I had been in.
As far as picking a room, I would get one higher up, and possibly near the end to not hear as much. I also wondered if rooms on the bottom floor might be bothered by music playing loudly in their lobby. Every time I was downstairs, it was blaring and I wondered if the people in those rooms could hear it.
I will add one last thing, they do have a nice exercise room. Probably one of the better ones I have seen with an HIE. More pieces of equipment than usual. This hotel is currently in a newer section of town, but a short drive to shopping and restaurants. They do have a drug store and a few restaurants within a walking distance.
And even with my complaint of the noise, I would definitely stay here if in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank maxona
rloretto, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Visalia, CA.. Glad we could bring you a nice clean hotel well you visited Visalia. Sorry for the noise inconvenience we would love to have you visit again, so we can make it right.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

This is a brand new and very nicely appointed HIE. The staff is warm and inviting. The room was clean and comfortable although water pressure in the shower was oddly weak. It is close to downtown and the freeways and 45 minutes to an hour from FAT. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Tharaldson, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for the excellent review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed our rooms. I am sorry to hear about the water pressure. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.