See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2017

You actually don't see much. The gift shop/welcome center is small -- you check purchases out yourself on an ipad. Very nice koi pond with fountain and then the small chapel is .... well. ... small. Ancient walnut tree and nice cypresses. Drive around to other end to the winery. Didn't see an option for any tours, especially of the new church which I thought was the one WR Hearst brought over from Spain.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

"Be still and know that I am the Lord." This is a very special place and I go here whenever I need to refocus my life. Very quiet and peaceful...except when the trains run nearby. I recommend daily mass and praying the hours with the brothers.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank TahoeFamily
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

I have traveled extensively in California checking out different wineries. Thought this one would be unique but there was really nothing special about it. The wine was decent an I bought a couple of bottles but I would not recommend that any one go out of their way to see it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2016

The Abbey is beautiful and peaceful. The winery and vineyard feel like you've been transported to Europe. The wines are excellent. We came for their first release in 2005 and have continued to come away with lovely wines. We're looking forward to our next visit this coming Friday. Discover it for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Who would have ever thought of a winery in Vina, CA, of all places, certainly off the grid and not over-rated and over-priced like the Napa & Sonoma region. The wine tasting was generous and delicious and they wave the price of the tasting if you buy a bottle, which we did, times 2! They also offer cheese and crackers with your tastings!
After you finish treating your taste buds, take a walk around the grounds and take in the peaceful settings surrounded by the vineyards and shady trees with a calming landscape. The Abbey offers accommodations for guests who wish to revive and rejuvenate. A new church is being built from ancient stones from Spain. Pick up the literature for the history and the map of the grounds. I think you will pay them a visit again! What a beautiful way to end the 4th of July weekend!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple