Bad neighborhood, but just down the street from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Two vehicles were broken into in one night! Housekeeping didn't clean up the glass for at least 24 hours. The window next to the office door was boarded up....hint, hint! Driving up to the property we noticed a huge sign that stated "NEW ROOMS." We had reserved a non-smoking room but when we arrived the room they put us in was obviously smoking! There were three clean ashtrays throughout the room. There was a heavy perfumey smell (Febreeze maybe) in the room. The room was decent but the bathroom door handle was broken so it wouldn't close all the way. The room was reasonably clean, the sheets and pillow cases were all wrinkled as if they had been pulled from the dirty clothes hamper! There were no towels or soap in the room....WHAT???? We asked housekeeping for 4 towels and they gave us three. STINGY!!! When I called the front desk to inquire about the room being smoking vs non-smoking, they stated ashtrays were put in ALL rooms and the non-smoking rooms would have a red X on the ashtrays to indicate no smoking. The perfumey smell was explained to us as a Neutralizer used in all rooms to keep them fresh! Once the smell wore off, the cigarrette smell was obvious. The weather was warm which made the room hot in the evening. How do you get cool? Options: 1) Open the window - oh, wait the windows are doubled and you can't open them! ok, let's try 2) Open the door - oh, wait this neighborhood says KEEP YOUR DOORS CLOSED AND BOLTED AT ALL TIMES!!!.....option 3???) Turn on the air conditioner...what a thought! 2 minutes have passed since I turned on the AC and it's much cooler in the room but the SMELL IS HIDEOUS....what???? Another type of NEUTRALIZER? This one was even worse than the first smell....TURN THAT THING OFF!
Management was just as scary as the neighborhood and the clientele of this cheap motel, so we didn't raise a fuss and went to the room only to sleep!!! I want a refund!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North CA is located near area restaurants and shopping. Joe Mortara Golf Course is within 4 miles and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is 6 miles. Wi-Fi is available in all modern rooms for a fee. Outdoor pool is closed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Vallejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Vallejo - Six Flags East Hotel Vallejo
- Motel 6 Vallejo - 6 Flags East
- Vallejo Motel 6
- Vallejo Motel Six
- Motel Six Vallejo