“New menu, new feel. ”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 210 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped coming here a few years back because of the service and the menu. The service was less than average and the menu was almost as plain as the food. We decided to give it another try for a couple dinner and glad we did! The menu is much better (try the wedge salad, it's great) and the service has improved. You definitely need to try them out if you haven't been in a while.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Great Time
Great Service
Fabulous Dinner
And the Wine...ahh, The Wine
Wonderful way to say good bye to 2017
Outback...always a great choice
Try the lunches as well!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

I took my wife out for a steak dinner and we both ordered as we hear there advertisement regularly and they talk about the steak as "Seasoned and seared to juicy perfection" well it is seasoned and cooked well but way to much Salt they must of missed the picture of seasoning as I don't think of salt as a perfect seasoning as they do we suffered with it and should have sent our meals back to be redone but in my usual manner I didn't and regretted it but learned they don't have season perfection!
I did however have good service with hot bread and fresh salad just might ask next time for them to skip there seasoning.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Those of you who read my reviews will know that wether it is Greasy Joe's, or upscale, I always enjoy my food, so long as it is prepared with love. For a little background, I work 70miles from home 10-12hour shifts x 3per week, usually 2 or 3 in a row. Today was my 3rd and due to not being able to sleep, I was up at 2am. On arriving home my husband took me to Outback for dinner. It was understandibly busy and so a 15 Minute wait was no big deal. We were seated and waited some more. I could see my husband was getting ready to leave as we had not been offered even a glass of water, but to my relief our server came to us. We ordered our meals, with mash potato as one of our sides (I did say sides) We were offered the delicious malt bread to keep us going and ate a couple; well I ate most of it; From there it went downhill, I had to ask again for the coffee. Then the main course arrived, minus the mash. My food was cold, but tasted fine, my husbands seemed fine so I said nothing, in part because I was tired and we had another early start tomorrow and in part, I really did not want to upset my husband. Still no mash. My husband asked our server to check up on it, it was not ready, we told the server our food that we did have was fine. We finished our meal, still no mash. Eventually, that too (cold) turned up. Again it tasted fine. However, I felt that we deserved a rebate of some kind for the inconvenience and asked to speak to the manager. It was at this point my husband told me that his whole meal had been cold, but he did not want to spoil my meal by telling me. The.manager arrived and so all issues were mentioned, she explained that one of the heat lamps did not work properly and left to sort out the bill. When she came back her attitude was one of challenging us. Apparently because we had not told the server the food was cold, had said it was fine, she demanded to know why we had not said anything then. I told her we did not want to embarras each other. She demanded to know what I meant by that, in accusing manner, as though we had lied. Remember she had told us why our food was cold, she was supprised we had eaten it instead of allowing her to rectify our cold food issue. First of all when I say embarrass, it would have been when one or the other of us had made a scene about our partner being subjected to cold food and believe me it would have been her that would have bore the brunt of that, so she should be grateful we didn't. Second of all I would like to get to bed this side of midnight if that is alright with her. Red rag to a bull, I wanted to pay in full, but my husband calmed me as he could see I was about to jump off the deep end, she should be grateful to him for that. She thought that by giving us the meal for free that she had a right to challenge me, I think not madam. Needless to say, we will not be going back anytime soon, and the servers quip about a 2 course meal as he gave us our mash. Not funny and highly inappropriate.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

We feel terrible that we disappointed you. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Vacaville". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Their food is good, but it is just an upgrade to Black Bear Diner which I consider a restaurant similar to Kings Table. Not that I mind Kings table but the food is reasonably good but just not that good. However at outback steakhouse, you order a specific meal and don't get the opportunity to select different things to eat like you do at a buffet. This is not my preferred steakhouse, and I'd rather drive to Dixon to Cattlemen's to get a good steak. Years ago when I first started, they have great steaks, but now it's just an average eating experience.

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!