“Tasty seafood near the theater complex”
Review of Backyard Bayou

Backyard Bayou
Ranked #4 of 135 Restaurants in Union City
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I usually get the catfish with a side of seasoned fries (most items do not come with fries and most sides are extra). I've also had the po' boy catfish sandwich. Both were good. I think the sandwich was the better value. My wife usually opts for crab or shrimp by the pound (quite pricey...$25 or more). Be prepared to get messy. Lobster bibs are provided. The clam chowder was OK but rather small for the price. I would skip that. The service was good. Overall pretty decent food. Well placed near the Century theaters for dinner and a movie.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

It,s not just for dinner although I've enjoyed several great dinners. Try this establishment for lunch sometime. I usually get a cup of gumbo, a cup of rice and a cold beer ( I'm retired) . I always walk out of the place with a new attitude after that.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Found this gem while cruising near our hotel. It was late at night and looked pretty packed. Thought we'd give it a try next day for dinner. Boy were we glad we did. Had the whole dungenuss crab in butter and garlic! O.M.G.! delicious. Only sad part my hubby wasn't along for the trip so he missed it, but you can be assured our next trip to Union City will include dinner at Backyard Bayou!!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

A bit of N'olens on the left coast... gumbo was awesome... shrimp basket with Cajun ranch was great... service staff was friendly and helpful... will be back again for next trip...local beers Coronado made the meal... thank you

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Went in on a Sunday evening, we were in luck because seems they had a grease fire at Texas Roadhouse so we were looking for another place to have dinner, I saw Backyard Bayou and remembered some friends ate here recently so decided to give it a try.

Nothing bad to say about this place! Having been to NOLA several times and cooking this style of food at home was pleasantly surprised to find a place close to home that brings a bit of NOLA to the east bay! Hubby had the sausage rice bowl, he loved it! The sauce was especially good he said. We shared the red beans and rice and the Cajun fries, really good! Flavorful food! I had the one lb of the shrimp boil with the next to hottest sauce, it was really yummy, mouth burning but very flavorful sauce. The head chef came out to our table and asked us how we liked the food, we were really pleased that Jen asked, he told us about his living in NOLA for a time and learning to cook there, it showed! We also met the owner Han and they told us about their sister store in Livermore, will have to try that out as well, looking forward to having more choices. Service was great, good beers on tap, what more could you ask for!?