“Modern Italian with lots of flavor”

Luna Rossa Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #16 of 329 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We went there for my wedding anniversary dinner. Nice, quiet atmosphere, with great romantic lighting for our occasion. We sat in a booth, were served gourmet bread accompanied with oil & vinegar and a delicious in-house dipping sauce. We ordered the calamari as an appetizer. Really, really good. Cooked perfectly, battered perfectly. We had the lemon chicken and the seafood spaghetti. The lemon chicken was very moist and cooked to perfection. The mussels in the seafood spaghetti were a tad gamey, but the clams and shrimp were tasty. Lemon Chicken: 5 Stars; Seafood Spaghetti 4 Stars. For dessert we had the Spumoni Bomba. Excellent, excellent, excellent! Bathrooms were clean, table service was friendly. We don't drink, so no adult beverage review here. A very good place for birthdays and anniversaries, which we noticed a few.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I work in the area and I have never been able to visit this restaurant. I have heard many good things but needed the experience. One night after a movie, I went. I was not disappointed in anyway! The food was amazing! It is real Italian food. It makes you happy when eat it, you can taste the calories, it was so rich I could have sworn my bank account increased. The service was great and they have an excellent selection of wine and pairings. If you are too "pretty" too "cool" or too "in shape", please do not visit this place. You will not have a good time because you only drink water and count calories. If, however, you are a person that craves experiences they can taste, please do yourself a favor and stop by. You will not be disappointed. I think I have created some monsters at my job as some have now been several times in a short span. There are other Italian places in the area (and they know who they are) but Luna Rosa holds a special place in my heart, tummy, and refrigerator!

PS: This will be very hard, but you need to leave room for dessert! Try your very best!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Awesome the first time! Even better the second time and now, yes even better the third time!
This little place in the District is a gem of the highest quality! Excellent service wonderful food friendly staff! You can't beat it.
Stop in for a glass of your favorite beverage before the show or after, for dinner. You will be pleased as well you know. Ask for Frank at the bar, he's amazing.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Went there with the office and I had the Ortolana salad and spaghetti carbonara. The Ortolana salad, even the side portion, is huge. Absolutely delicious, and the balsamic vinegar is thick and rich, the best I've had since Italy. The carbonara was fantastic, the real thing, not thicken with cream like other places.

Others ordered rigatoni con salsiccia, petto di pollo funghi e marsala and pizza, all were happy with their meals. The service was first rate, attentive and pleasant. I can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous meal at Luna Rossa. I had the lemon chicken which was absolutely wonderful. Others had lasagna, risotto, and other dishes. Everyone was very happy with their meal.