“Wrong order and oily!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 55 Freeway
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I did a to go order here and it was awful! First the order was completely wrong but I didn't want to go back so I figured I would just eat it anyway. The sauces were so oily I used a turkey baster to remove the 1/2 inch thick layer on the top...then threw it away anyway. The pakora was soggy...everything was just badddd. Such a shame, was looking forward to good Indian food in Tustin

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Been to this place several times, the food is good, authentic, spicy, and at very reasonable price. We ordered both plain dosa and filled dosa. The plain dosa is crispy, at least 2 feet long, with vanilla aroma, and served hot. It's quite impressive and brought lots of fun to kids. Try it.
The other Indian dishes are well prepared and tasty. We were surprised that Dosa Place has a full bar, the wine list is not extensive but sufficient for this type of restaurant. A glass of wine is filled to the rim, which is not the norm in other restaurants.
The dining room, however, needs more lights.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

After a long and hectic day at San Diego, we were quite hungry on way back to LA. Dosa Place at Tustin came in handy. We initially thought there will be only south Indian dishes going by the name of the restaurant, but there was a good buffet dinner for around 10 USD, with a fairly good spread of both veg and non-veg items. Of course hot dosas were being supplied in good quantity. There were two types of sweets too.
Overall, I recommend this place for travelers craving for Indian food.
Ramesh.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We ate dinner here last week. We initially went on a Monday since their website says "open on mondays for dinner". However, it was closed when we got there.
We then tried our luck on Tuesday and it was open for dinner.
We ordered mixed vegetable bhajjis (fritters) for starters. They came out well done.
Dosas were good.
Service was kind of "awkward". It took a while before we got silverware / napkins.
There were absolutely no other customers while we were eating dinner. So strange!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Was in the OC for the weekend, and somewhat familiar with this part of Tustin, having ate at the Crab Cooker before. So just pulling into this familiar plaza with Dollartree and Marshalls, I stumbled into another Indian AYCE buffet place, because I expected to find a Subway, or something else that would be fast. Needing to check out of our hotel in Anaheim, this place was on our way back and convenient off the freeway.

Compared to the other Indian buffets I've had recently, a few things stood out: It was spicier and had less choices than I was accustomed to. While they had "dosas" and chutneys, they didn't quite blow me away. The buffet price was shocking for Sunday which didn't include a drink (Our go to place in Pasadena gives us Lassi for the Sunday brunch price smh). While the food was satisfactory to our lunch needs, if given the choice, we'd check out the other DP location, or the many other Indian places in other parts of the OC. (Niki's was closed today by the way).