“food tasted good; no customers in sight!”
Review of Dosa Place - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 55 Freeway
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We ate dinner here last week. We initially went on a Monday since their website says "open on mondays for dinner". However, it was closed when we got there.
We then tried our luck on Tuesday and it was open for dinner.
We ordered mixed vegetable bhajjis (fritters) for starters. They came out well done.
Dosas were good.
Service was kind of "awkward". It took a while before we got silverware / napkins.
There were absolutely no other customers while we were eating dinner. So strange!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Was in the OC for the weekend, and somewhat familiar with this part of Tustin, having ate at the Crab Cooker before. So just pulling into this familiar plaza with Dollartree and Marshalls, I stumbled into another Indian AYCE buffet place, because I expected to find a Subway, or something else that would be fast. Needing to check out of our hotel in Anaheim, this place was on our way back and convenient off the freeway.

Compared to the other Indian buffets I've had recently, a few things stood out: It was spicier and had less choices than I was accustomed to. While they had "dosas" and chutneys, they didn't quite blow me away. The buffet price was shocking for Sunday which didn't include a drink (Our go to place in Pasadena gives us Lassi for the Sunday brunch price smh). While the food was satisfactory to our lunch needs, if given the choice, we'd check out the other DP location, or the many other Indian places in other parts of the OC. (Niki's was closed today by the way).

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The most off-putting part of dining at this restaurant was that we were literally the only ones there. That never bodes well. The food was alright but they need to brush up on the meanings of the degrees of spiciness in their curry. We're Mexicans. We like spicey. But our food was so hot (we all ordered medium heat) that it was too hot to eat. Wait service was awkward. I attribute that to the lack of customers. We probably won't go back.

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

The food is a bit spicy. The waiter was attentive. The yoghurt had gone bad in the buffet and the chicken was dry. Some of the food was probably a day old. Small dosa and chutney and sambar were good. Dessert is so so.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We attended a charity event in the Dosa Palace Banquet Hall. Food was quite hot, as in spicy - okay for me, not for my daughter who started with chole but ended up eating only yogurt-rice. Through the door to the main restaurant section we could see that the place was packed - a good 50 people were there, certainly not all Indian. So I am guessing that in the main restaurant the food is milder.

Atmosphere is simple and elegant, with a nice sofa apart from the regular tables.