“Meh”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 55 Freeway
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The most off-putting part of dining at this restaurant was that we were literally the only ones there. That never bodes well. The food was alright but they need to brush up on the meanings of the degrees of spiciness in their curry. We're Mexicans. We like spicey. But our food was so hot (we all ordered medium heat) that it was too hot to eat. Wait service was awkward. I attribute that to the lack of customers. We probably won't go back.

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

The food is a bit spicy. The waiter was attentive. The yoghurt had gone bad in the buffet and the chicken was dry. Some of the food was probably a day old. Small dosa and chutney and sambar were good. Dessert is so so.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We attended a charity event in the Dosa Palace Banquet Hall. Food was quite hot, as in spicy - okay for me, not for my daughter who started with chole but ended up eating only yogurt-rice. Through the door to the main restaurant section we could see that the place was packed - a good 50 people were there, certainly not all Indian. So I am guessing that in the main restaurant the food is milder.

Atmosphere is simple and elegant, with a nice sofa apart from the regular tables.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Went here last night. Got there around 5:15PM. We were the only ones in the place. Sat at the bar. Asked what type of beer they had on tap. Answer: None??? So ordered a Stellar in the bottle. Only 3 bucks for Happy Hour. Good Deal. The bartender waited on us right away. Ordered 2 apps. One being a garlic nano bread and some sort of vegetarian dish. It took 17 minutes for the apps to come out. Is that too long? IDK. I wasn't in a hurry. Seems to me it should have ben quicker, but I'm not complaining. The nana bread was - eh. Was fresh and hot, but not nearly enough garlic and a little too crispy for me. The other app was meh as well. The sauces that came with that dish were excellent. Stayed there about an hour and only 1 other customer came in. So other than that. I would just say Average. No wow factor...

Reviewed 8 May 2013