4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 193
Hotels.comUSD 193
Agoda.comUSD 193
CheapTicketsUSD 193
FindHotelUSD 193
Orbitz.comUSD 193
All reviews dog bed stella restaurant european style hot tub downtown truckee charming hotel two night stay mountain lodge tahoe area lobby area outdoor activities hot breakfast the entire staff northstar ski resort coffee maker eco architecture
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed here over MLK weekend and loved it!
The chalet style reception area is warm and they offer a 4.30pm snack bar daily!
Hot tub was lush!
Rooms were spacious and stylish and service is great! Friendly, genuine and efficient.
I recommend this place for sure!
N

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking for a hotel in Truckee with a convenient location, boutique feel, and wonderful staff you have to stay here! I loved my stay at the Cedar Sport Hotel, and I would absolutely return. From the beginning the staff was very welcoming, and the design of the hotel is so beautiful.

It’s so important to be conscious of sustainability in an area like Tahoe. The Cedar Sport Hotel was one of the greenest hotels I’ve ever stayed in! Providing accommodations that included glass water bottles you can refill and take on the mountains, glass mugs in your room, and toiletries that were very focused on eliminating waste as well.

The beds were so nice and comfortable, and I loved they used duvet covers! Europe has them all over, and I miss them in the US!

They entire hotel went above and beyond for me as I was celebrating my birthday! They put together the nicest care page with all local Truckee products from coffee to chapstick! I loved it! They truly made my birthday feel so special!

Not to mention their daily breakfast that’s included is fantastic! My only wish that it would be open a little earlier (6:30) so you could get to the mountain quicker, but 7am still isn’t too bad.

The hot tub is the perfect temperature and felt so great after skiing! Their lobby is cozy and perfect for a night cap!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank popoversandpassports
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

We have stayed here before and remembered it fondly. We were so happy to return.

It is not part of a chain but instead the loving product of a very wise husband and wife team. Everything shows thought, research and good judgment. The furnishings are quite appropriate for the abuse they get from visiting skiers, but also comfortable and easily modified to accommodate families. (The vibe – they call it “eco-friendly” – is actually more sporty and practical. I wouldn’t classify it as luxurious, but rather convenient, appropriate and comfortable. This feels like a spa for skiing people.)

The restaurant on premises, Stella, is marvelous. Even the buffet breakfast which is included in your stay is impeccable – generous, creative, and loaded with fresh offerings. (Instead of offering raisins with the oatmeal, they offer dried dark cherries! This just shows their attention to detail here.)

:. This place is remarkable, lovely and well worth checking out!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

We wanted three nights and they can only accommodate two nights. Hotel is kind of chic with very modern bathroom. The numbering system is kind of bizarre. I have room 110 and it is located on the second floor. The distance to downtown is only a little over a mile. But the road is not very friendly to pedestrians. The room comes with continental breakfast for hotel guests. The cancellation policy is a lot more restricted than most hotels. Be careful when you book.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2018

Went to this location from the 10th-14th of December. I traveled here for a retreat with my wife as well as my service dog. I can say that this place is very elegant, modern, eco-friendly, and overall reminded me of my childhood years living in Germany. The room was smartly set up that it impressed both my wife and me. I normally travel with my dog everywhere so I bring his stuff with him. I was pleasantly surprised that there was a dog bed, and dog dishes set up for him which he was super excited about as well as the little gift wrap of treats for him. Luckily I took my wife to Europe before so she was used to the bedding. The staff there were very kind and took the time out to answer any questions that we had. Overall, the food was super. I have a specific diet and the food there was tailored to be inclusive so that you could experience this place. We met the owner who is an avid outdoors person and she took part in some of the outdoor activities such as snowshoeing that turned out to be on top of my list as the most memorable being from Alaska. The owner was really a connected people person that reminded me of extended family which was a great addition to the experience. I have traveled extensively as a child through the United States after being raised in Europe. I am glad that I was able to take the time to immerse in the Cedar House Sport Hotel to share an amazing experience with my wife that is a must go to destination. The takeaways from this place are that it is ideal, friendly, dreamy, and the perfect destination that needs to be planned in your getaway.

Date of stay: September 2018