9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 466
Hotels.comUSD 452
Expedia.comUSD 452
eDreamsUSD 466
TravelocityUSD 452
Orbitz.comUSD 452
1,258 results
All reviews club level the ritz manzanita restaurant lake tahoe mountain concierge living room resort fee northstar village fire pit backyard bbq valet service ski valet turn down service mountain view beautiful property gondola ride every staff member
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

First time this year at a Hotel; in the year of the Pandemic. I was Very pleased to see all the precautions taken for guests. Masks required Everywhere in the hotel. The room was very clean , And all possible ways to maintain the Quality of our experience while there ; made us feel safe & comfortable. The Restaurant Manzanita’ is fabulous! We ate all our meals there except one night of room service. We drank lots of champagne and enjoyed our honeymoon.
My only critic is that the walls are quite thin , so we could hear everything in the next room.
Also, I’m not sure of the normal policy of Dogs in the hotel , But we saw Many dogs in the lobby... with the inclosed spaces I became very congested and sneezing.
Otherwise ,we would definitely return!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ginamartinez99
Reviewed 13 November 2020

Driving up to the hotel from Sacramento easy drive. Valet did a great job with getting our bags and taking us to the front desk and then the problems stared. The room we reserved was over sold for the weekend and they gave us 2 queens beds with no mountain view and the room we got was following part bed was not made and bath wastebasket was on the bathroom counter and the phone was following off the wall. It was not the Ritz Carlton way! After a back and fourth with no help ! The Asst. GM Bibin bent over backwards for us and got our room we were paying for. I will go back because of Bibin.

Room tip: Room 508 has a great view of the ski mountain and grounds !
Date of stay: October 2020
4  Thank Kevgio
Reviewed 13 November 2020

The new epicpass reservation system makes the skiers only be able to know if he/she can secure a day slot the Wednesday before the weekend (3 days in advance). but the "flexible rate" of the hotel is 14 days. This means it's very likely the customer will lose all the money (which is super expensive in the season) if the day is sold out, or stay but not skiing.

Why not make your flexible rate be flexible enough or work with the ski resort give your customer guarantee the date of the stay? I had to cancel my weekend reservation because of that since the hotel management seems have no idea the offset here or dosen't care. very disappointed

3  Thank wyTows
General Manager, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Dear wyTows,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear your concerns and we understand your frustrations with our restrictions. We will communicate your feedback to our Ladies and Gentlemen as we continue to update our policies.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times. I certainly look forward to serving you better in the near future.

Reviewed 12 November 2020 via mobile

I should have read the reviews first, or the numerous follow ups from management on all these similar complaints below that appear to be nothing but placating. DO NOT STAY HERE - This is not a 5-star hotel.

Booked with American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts specifically for the automatic room upgrade benefit, not to mention noon check-in, guaranteed 4:00pm checkout, complimentary breakfast for two, and resort credit. Had multiple un-booked 4-bedroom, 3-bedroom, 2-bedroom etc. suites/ rooms upon check-in, but we were not upgraded to any of them. To be honest, there wasn’t much enthusiasm from the front desk staff or pride taken in being part of the Amex FHR program.

The room we received had:
*no coffee cups,
*not enough bathrobes for the number of guests,
*broken desk lamp,
*broken Nespresso machine,
*broken WC door and toilet seat lid that SLAM,
*no shower amenities,
*the fireplace barely put out and flames,
*breakfast “credit” was insufficient to cover the cost of two guests.

In addition, no one would answer the phones when calling from the room to get these issues fixed.

We went down to the front desk to see where we could get food and was told that all the restaurants onsite were closed, and had to push for other options. The staff seemed unequipped. Finally backup arrives and we were told we could order room service, but the menu is only on the TV in our room, and they close in 15min so we need to hurry.

The one thing that was decent was the valet and baggage attendants - their service was friendly, though not worth the $55 Valet charge.

Throw in the $150 pet fee, plus the in room dining charge, plus the $139 breakfast coupled with all the room issues - not a good experience, and this hotel is NOT A FIVE STAR property. Should have booked the Hyatt for half the price. Very disappointing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank DEGSEA

Dear DEGSEA,

First and foremost, I want to thank-you for taking the time to share your constructive comments with us regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear the disappointments and service breakdowns you described and can assure you we are reviewing our systems and practices as we strive to continually improve our guest experience during these unprecedented times.

While our apology at this time cannot undo the past our regret is sincere and our future will be guided by your comments. Your feedback is very valuable to us and you can be assured we truly do appreciate your candor.

Your loyalty is very important to us and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort sometime in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2020

The entire staff is warm and friendly. From the Valets, front desk staffqnd spa to the restaurant workers left me with a pampered feeling without intruding on my privacy. Even the cleaning room staff and in room dining crew added to an overall wonderful atmosphere. First time I've stayed with them. I will be returning to spoil myself in the near future!

Room tip: It was expensive for me but worth every penny. Use the spa they have a wonderful staff.