All reviews starbucks coffee room was clean one night stay free parking business park visiting family business trip los angeles freeway bistro lobby lax gym printer clerk shampoo
Reviewed 12 February 2016

My stay at the Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay was pleasant. I visited for a wedding and wanted a cost effective option vs. a higher price stay in Universal City closer to the wedding. I was also using Marriott points for my stay and this property had great value. Check-in was smooth and my accommodations were as expected. I stayed on the 4th floor facing the highway and did not have a noise issue. Free parking was a huge plus as well. The location was easy to get to as the location provided the ability to choose the highways I needed based on my destination (location is right off the 405).There is not much to do around the property, but if you have needs within the 15/20 mile radius, the location will suit just fine at a great value. ( I visited Nobu Malibu, The Lobster in Santa Monica, and Rush Street in Culver City. )

Lastly, the housekeeper Gloria is a gem. She was friendly, very accommodating and was a pleasure to chat with. She paid attention to the details and made sure my stay was comfortable.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Your review was such a delight to read! We agree Gloria is a GEM! We shared your comments with her.
We are happy that our location, room and staff service made your stay perfect!
We appreciate your feedback and hope we would be honored to host you again in near future!

Reviewed 18 January 2016

We stayed here before a trip, The room was clean and the beds comfortable. A nice balcony overlooking a garden area and pool. The room has nice amenities. The only downside was that you can tell that people smoke on the lower floors outside and it drifts into the rooms.

I at breakfast in the cafe and the manager of the hotel came over and chatted with me, he asked me about by stay and I told him that the hairdryer handle foam had become sticky and I needed to wrap a towel around. He immediately contacted his staff to have them inspect all the hair dryers and find a solution for future travelers.
He even offered to pay for my breakfast.
He seemed to care equally for his staff, as an emergency arose with a staff members family. He sprang into action offering assistance to her. I was impressed. I felt like the entire staff truly cared and I would return here.

Room tip: Courtyard view
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Carmyn26
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

It was truly a delight to read your kind words. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our hotel amenities.
You still remembered our conversation in Bistro and were able to recap everything in this review.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience!
Hope you visit us again!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2016

For a quick trip and based upon location this was the selected hotel for business use.

The lobby is warm and inviting, due to an upgrade. The booths and lounge areas are comfortable and well lit with access to flat screens, computer accommodation, business center and of course food and beverage. The staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

The Rooms...average at best. I requested ahead of time for extra medium filled down feather pillows only. This was request was met. I asked for extra coffee packets...this I had to obtain from the housekeepers, but after I refilled a coffee from the room downstairs. The "in room" amenities on the lower floors are...marginal, but its a preference thing.

The fitness room is lacking, you are better off hall-walking and climbing the actual stairs carrying hand weights if you cannot venture outside. The pool is outside.

Request rooms along the side of the building away from the freeway if you don't want traffic noise beginning at 4am lasting till 10pm. The WIFI is great throughout the hotel, I streamed my Netflix binge watching from room to lounge and back..no problems. I never used the TV.

Will likely return due to ease of transition to business, but may try the full service hotel if staying more than 2 nights.

Room tip: Away from Freeway, between the buildings along driveway, Upper Floors are best
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Melissa S, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Courtyard Torrance/South Bay! Our hotel is in a convenient location for business and leisure travelers to the area. Thank you for the comments regarding our many amenities offered to the guests here at the hotel. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Torrance, you will come visit us again!

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel three times now for business and my first stay was much better than my second and third. My second stay 12/13-12/19 had ant problems which resulted in a room change, more ants in the new room and a broken espresso machine one morning. I'm currently night two into my five night stay and so far I've had plumbing problems resulting in a room change and now ants again. I've been throwing all food in the outside garbage so I have zero idea where they're coming from. I just called to get the bathroom area sprayed tomorrow morning so hopefully they'll stop hanging out with me.
The staff has been wonderful, so there is that, but it doesn't make up for the hassle of room changes or the overall gross feel of walking into your bathroom and sink area and finding ants. The convenience to my office and the friendly, helpful staff have been the only redeeming qualities.
I don't think I'll be staying here for my next trip, however.
I'm a Marriott silver member and always try to stay at Marriott properties, but this one has fallen short.
I also wish there were microwaves in the room. The Mini fridge is nice, but being unable to reheat food isn't super convenient.

Date of stay: December 2015
1  Thank Michelle P
Melissa S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay with us. Every process put in place is aimed at providing you with an unforgettable hotel experience. From your recent feedback, I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. I would like to take this time to apologize for the broken items and ants in your room. Please know that your feedback is given to our team so we are able to fix the issues. We do have microwaves available for our guests and a public one for use in our lobby. If you do wish to continue to stay with us, please reach out to me in the future and we will do everything to ensure a pleasant stay.

Melissa S.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Nothing bad to say about this place! Efficient and warm check in with cookies in the lobby. Room was clean and comfortable with minimal noise. Best of all, and compared to some fairly recent stays at other Marriot properties, we weren't rushed out of the room by the cleaning staff. They too gave warm greetings when seen in the hallways and made no noise when cleaning nearby rooms. We'd stay here again without a doubt!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Our team is so excited to start 2016 with your gracious feedback!
We want to thank you for staying with us during holidays and taking the time to share your experience!
We appreciate your comments about our hotel staff service, room cleanliness and friendly attitude!
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again when you are in this area.
Have a wonderful and joyful 2016!