“A Little Past its Peak?”
Review of Hof's Hut

Hof's Hut
Ranked #9 of 620 Restaurants in Torrance
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We have eaten here a few times a year ever since we moved to Torrance in the 1960’s and discovered it. The food was very good, the menu and the quantities were extensive, and the environment pleasant. Several years ago the company opened the hugely successful Lucille’s BBQ restaurants, and their interests seem to have turned away from Hof’s Hut to some extent. Many of them have been closed (at least one I know of was converted to a Lucille’s). The Torrance site is one of the few still open. In the last few years I have noticed the dinner menu offerings have shrunk, the prices seem to have risen more than others, and my enjoyment of their food has diminished a bit toward the bland. Tonight, my wife ordered the turkey dinner with all the fixings like mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, and vegetables. She ate it very slowly, picking at it, and then packed up the rest of it to take home. I ordered the salmon with jerk seasoning and rice pilaf, and caesar salad as an extra. The pilaf and the creamed corn were good, as was the salad, but I expected the jerk salmon to be pretty strongly seasoned and it was not. If tasted like just a plain cooked fish, bland. My son orders the baby back ribs every time, and he continues to like them a lot. The service is still good, the place still looks good, and it was pretty full on this Saturday night. They still have their birthday card program, which we and many others still use.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

A friend of mine and I ate at Hof's Hut and the place does not seem as good as it once was. The meals are expensive and disappointing. The meal that I had was entirely too salty. All of the meals are in the $15.00 range and up. They give you entirely too much food to eat. The server that we had tried to be helpful, but he had problems with his English and made several mistakes with our order. The place seems to have lost business as it is not as popular as it once was. If you do decide to try this restaurant; I would suggest you eat inside. On their patio, you have a problem with pigeons trying to attack you while you are eating.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I enjoy going to Hof's Hut. Great array of dishes. Not fast food. There is something for all. I am particular about ice tea and its brewed. Not the fancy fruity tea. Real homestyle. Service has always been exceptional. We go monthly. Lovely decor. There is a covered patio

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Hof's is a go to restaurant for well prepared delicious food with an
extensive menu at affordable prices.
large portions, you can't finish but take home with you

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This place has been in business for many years and is especially famous for its pies. They also serve sandwiches

Been to Hof's Hut? Share your experiences!