“Always consistently good”
Review of Din Tai Fung

Din Tai Fung
Ranked #9 of 555 Restaurants in Torrance
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I had previously had been to this restaurant in Orange County and really enjoyed so I jumped at the chance to try in this location. Service is always a stand out in this restaurant chain and this restaurant was no different. We had a variety of courses and enjoyed them all. Good value and would certainly recommend and return..

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We walked up to the counter and three people were standing there. Not one made eye contact with us. The food was good, but all the vegetarian options were very subpar. The service was also extremely slow with 5-10 mins between plates of food. Overall, I would not recommend this and am not coming back!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We wanted noodles and found this place on TripAdvisor and google. We read they are famous for their dumplings so we tried those. Waitress told us the idea is to order menu items for sharing so that's what we did. As seen in my pictures, we ordered the cucumber appetizer which is small. Then Veggie pan fried noodles, Spinach and a 10-piece dumpling. We only drank water because hot tea was cheapest beverage at $3.50! It was tasty food with lovely presentation but higher than what we wanted to pay for lunch. Also, you marked your chosen quantity of menu selections on a preprinted piece of paper rather then telling the waitress.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Had to wait over an hour for a seat. They need to expand if they have this problem frequently. Many people were turned away close to closing time. Once we were seated and served the food is amazing. First time I have eaten at this style of restaurant. Would go again but definitely call ahead to avoid a lengthy wait.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Into the mall this place packs a line nearly most days. Wait time for us was 45-60 minutes on Monday around noon.
Soup dumplings were delicious. We sampled a vast amount of dishes.
Many dumpling and noodle dishes reminiscent of my childhood days when my dad and mom would slave away in the kitchen making these favorites. A goodly variety of sautéed greens makes for a wonderful opportunity to share and try family style.
The vegetable and pork wonton in spicy sauce was tender and delicately executed with just the right amount of sauce without it sloshing in the bowl. Important if you are wearing white!
Popular venue amongst locals and tourist albeit.
I was here visiting my daughter and son in law and this was our 2nd try. First visit the wait time was a bit too long for my hungry stomach.
I would make this a regular 'go-to' stop upon my visits again!

Been to Din Tai Fung? Share your experiences!