“The best B&B and Grape Ed 101 is superior.”

Carriage Vineyards Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Templeton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 31 August 2010

A very clean, quiet and comfortable get away. It's a vineyard off the beaten path with very friendly innkeepers. Breakfast was delicious. Larry conducts the best Grape Ed 101. I learned more about what it takes to produce the right grapes for the best wines than I ever thought I would in such a short period of time. And a great bonus - there are olive trees on the property and Carriage bottles its own olive oil. So, Larry told me about olive oil and which presses are the best. It was a surprise.

I'd go back in a heart beat - nice little towns and only 40 mins. from the ocean, as well.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 August 2010

The B&B itself I would say is a 4 star, great little B&B. The beds were big, the bathroom was nice, if not a little dated. What warranted the extra stars started the morning after. The breakfast was AWESOME and had delicious spiced chicken sausages, baked oatmeal, scones with this amazing lemon curd, juice, coffee and all the trimmings. We opted to spend an additional $50 for a tour of the vineyard, since I'm in horticulture. Larry took great care to give us a very thorough tour, and I'm amazed to say I actually learned quite a lot. He really knows what he's talking about though. We toured on an ATV and he let us drive around the vineyard after the tour so I could get photos with our new fancy camera.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

From the ease of booking online to the fabulous breakfast prepared by Leigh Ann, we were pleased by our second stay at Carriage Vineyards B&B. The rural location is close to wineries and many other places of interest along the central coast. If your preference is relaxation, the guest rooms, the public spaces, and grounds are designed for peace, quiet and a good book! Larry, the owner, and Leigh Ann, the hostess, obviously enjoy making the guests feel welcome. Don't forget to sign up for one of the best massages ever!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My wife and 2 boys (8 and 6) just stayed at Carriage Vineyards for a relaxing 4 days. Leigh Ann and Larry did a wonderful job of accomodating us all (we stayed in the vis-a-vis suite). At first I was a little wary of bringing the kids to a B & B, but I wanted them to experience a farm/ranch and enjoy the great outdoors. Everything worked out great. The ranch is so big that the kids could get out and explore. They liked feeding Brix and Brom, the two harness horses and were even able to do the 1.8 mile loop around the vineyard on their own. They must have picked every last strawberry (sorry) and terrorized some of the lizards. The carriage ride was a highlight. The TV never came on, except for my wife's Yoga videos. Mostly we hung out and played games. In the evening we had use of the kitchen for some simple family meals. Don't miss the farmers market on Saturday morning in the park in Templeton if you are there at that time. Close to SLO and the coast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Carriage2, Owner at Carriage Vineyards Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2010

We were pleased to have this family enjoy the ranch. We accommodated the young children which we normally do not do because of their interest in what we do. We generally allow children 10 years or so and older. We are more adult oriented, even though we love kids - was one once! . Larry

Reviewed 6 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here recently and we had a blast. The rooms were comfy, the breakfast was great and the collection of carriages was fascinating. We left very refreshed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templeton
14.4 km away
11.9 km away
Courtyard Paso Robles
Courtyard Paso Robles
#10 of 18 in Paso Robles

Been to Carriage Vineyards Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!