“A little ballooning and wine tasting...a great weekend getaway!”

BEST WESTERN Country Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
San Diego, California
“A little ballooning and wine tasting...a great weekend getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

I must admit, I was a little hesitant as I've had some bad experiences with Best Western hotels but this was a comfortable and clean hotel. We were fortunate to have a room far from the freeway...room 214 was great. Fortunately I brought my own pillow as I hate overly fluffy pillows which are typical of hotels. So, if you prefer flat pillows like I do, make sure to bring your own. It was a great place though...we also enjoyed the breakfast buffet (cereal, waffles and muffins) after our sunrise hot air balloon ride but just prior to the wine tasting. I would definitely stay there again. I suspect the rooms closer to the freeway are a bit louder than ours was so best to request room 214.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We were there for our sons wedding, We did have all of his groomsmen in our room the day of the wedding. The staff was awesome, friendly and very helpful...
The breakfast wasnt bad however when we were there they were in the process of remodeling the kitchen but everthing was still great. I think they could have more of a variety of donuts and bagels for breakfast. However I will be back only because of the cleaniness and the service. Its worth every penny!!!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was on the main level. However the second floor is not bad. The staff was ver...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Roswell, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Spent the night based on other trip advisor reviews. We were on out way to the beach and visiting other family in the area. The arrival was fine. The rooms running perpendicular to the freeway which was behind a line of trees and other plants. We were on the first floor and the room was fine. Two queen beds. The power outlets were few and far between.

If I had a really bad gripe about anything, it would be the carpets. I don't know what it is the tar is they use to seal the parking lots, but it is tracked into and becomes part of the carpet. My grandkids feet were black within seconds. One of them spilled something on the floor and when I used a white hand towel to clean it, the towel came off black.

The breakfast room was better than most although it was very small. I did not have a chance to use the pool however it was clean and well maintained.

The location of the hotel was convenient as it was just down the street from shopping and Starbucks. It is too far to walk to old town, although only a couple of minutes by car.

The front desk staff was very nice and when we decided to drop the last night in order to move over to the beach, they were very understanding. Overall, if we have occasion to return to Temecula, we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Upon check in found that the TV remote didn't work, she couldn't fix it or replace it so she changed our room. Second room had ants in the bathroom and mold on the bathroom walls and the air conditioning did not work. She (clerk behind the desk) was pleasant and tried to help but the guy that she called to help her was a total jerk, bad attitude. They ended bringing us an industrial size fan to help cool the room and then we couldn't hear the TV. Also, he brought windex to try to kill the ants and then sprayed ant spray. During the course of the evening after no sleep from making sure that the ants were in the bathroom only, they all came back. The pillows were hard and the bed was hard. We paid more for this room on line than what it would have been if we had paid in person. They were surprised that we paid 80 dollars for the room when the clerk said the same room would have been 60 dollars if we had just walked in off of the street. Also, the corporate number of Best Western's customer service was no help. We were told that we would need to speak to the manager because each hotel is individually owned. All in all we would have been better off paying more in one of the nicer hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank hwaas4

Travellers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Las Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

Our stay was 3 days. The 1st night when we went to use the toilet we found it to be clogged so we called the office and was told that we could use a plunger to try and unclog it. excuse me but I am not going to be their plumber. The next night we moved to another room and decided that we would use the spa. After getting dressed in our swim suits and going to the pool area we found the spa was broken. The wifi worked poor at best so I used my phone to tether for wifi. Our last day we left for the day and when we returned we noticed that our iPhone charger was missing from the room. We called the office and was told that when the housekeeping person returned the next day that they would check and get back to us, this never happened. I called the office to see the status and got the run around.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple