All reviews golf course stone house fire grill golf resort golf package great golf play golf in great shape on site restaurant wedding venue wine tasting grounds are lovely wine country old town rooms are nice local wineries get away
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Arrived 3.5 hours before check in on a Saturday, hoping to get an early check in so we could attend an off-site wedding. Front desk staff was not overtly rude, but uncommunicative, non-committal, and unfriendly. (At one point my front desk agent stopped a conversation with me so she could look at photos on another guest's phone, and left me standing there for a few minutes.) We could never receive a confirmation or denial for early check-in, until it was about 3:50pm (and check-in is at 4pm). I have a feeling early check-in is denied across the board so you can go and spend money in the bar or restaurant while you wait. To be fair, the restaurant had excellent food. Be very wary of staying during Wedding Season-- they seemed to be booked to the brim and in no hurry to do anything but the bare minimum for guests, including guests who are part of on-site weddings. I have an inkling this place is a bit of a wedding factory-- they know many of their guests will only come once, and they have no desire to build up a relationship for repeat clientele. I will honestly never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I really wanted to love this property, but my stay wasn’t without issues. I purchased a Travelzoo voucher for a two night stay at TCI – and was able to bring my dog. The property caters to golfers, but you can use the hotel as an inexpensive home-base while visiting Temecula.

Pros
-Property looks nice
-Parking in front of hotel room
-Large room; Large bed and bathroom
-Patio facing golf course
-Grass in front of patio - good for dogs
-Friendly cleaning staff
-Restaurant food was good (3 stars)
-Lots of grassy areas for walks with my dog
-Staff delivered a dog bowl and doggy treats to hotel room; provided me with information on pet friendly activities and wineries
-Pretty wedding venue

Cons
-Spider webs in top corners of room and near patio door; spider webs above patio door outside
-Big spider had to be removed by cleaning staff (inside room)
-Spider webs on patio furniture; my dog got spider webs on her fur
-Large dirty footprints on white comforter (comforter was exchanged)
-Night one: stains on sheets (staff responded promptly with more stained sheets; I covered stains with a pillow case as it was late at night). I received a free glass of wine as an apology. Night two: 3rd set of sheets - more stains.I used another pillow case to cover stains as I returned to my room late and most staff had gone home. The hotel should throw away sheets with stains on them, as mine looked like the stains were of blood.
-Restaurant: Where do I start? The food was good, especially the flourless chocolate cake. However, the outside balcony needs to be cleaned, as well as the chairs, due to all the spider webs. Whether I ordered for pick-up or dined-in, I was always given a dirty wine glass or a dirty cup, and when asked for clean items, I would receive a strange look, as if I was asking for too much. For instance, staff would take their time inspecting the obviously dirty items, before speaking with other staff members, which would result in me receiving another strange look before the server/hostess would return with clean items. Hannah, the hostess, would always give me a strange gaze when requesting a receipt or asking for a clean glass (pick-up order). So perplexing! Also, one morning, after being seated, I had the pleasure of watching patrons, who arrived after me, being serviced while I sat ignored. I had many strange experiences at that restaurant, and as a person of color, I take great offense.

Would I return? No.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank authenticreviewer467
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We stayed at the Temecula Creek Inn as part of a wedding group and were pleasantly surprised. We booked a room with two queen beds on a ground floor - the room was spacious with plenty of room for our 17-month old to play and the pack-and-play to fit. Our slider opened up to a nice patio with a great view of the golf course. The beds weren't bad and we got a decent night's sleep. We had a bathroom, refrigerator and utility sink outside the bathroom as well which was perfect for washing out sippy cups.

There is a restaurant on property that offers room service. We really enjoyed breakfast on our patio.

While the front desk staff could use a bit of coaching, Ryan foster with reservations is friendly, thoughtful and professional.

The location of this hotel is great. Right off the highway and around the corner from an IN N OUT! We would love to return to this property again.

SPECIAL EVENT INFO: The Stone House location was absolutely beautiful in full wedding garb. We felt like we were in Mammoth or Yosemite.

Room Tip: If traveling with small children, a ground floor room offers a patio.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheFamilyDICE
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Rooms were not ready in a timely manner and we were left waiting in a small crowed lobby for over two hours. There was no where to go to change clothes if you wanted to go out to the pool. We were told our room would be ready in an hour. We didn't need to go to the restaurant to eat so we waited in the lobby because it was too hot outside. Once inside the rooms were dark and dated.
We did not have time to freshen up for our event that evening. The next day was the wedding, since it was outside and it rained a tent was provided but the grass and dirt was already soggy and turned into mudd. Everyone's shoes and dresses were ruined. The food was average and the service was average. I would not recommend this place for a wedding event. They can not handle a full house. Not enough staff.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

Paradise is the one word I have to use to describe it. I actually extended my day 3 extra days. For every day I stayed there they gave me a bottle of wine. My room was right off the golf course. It was so very quiet. The pool was clean as well as the hot tub. The staff were extremely friendly. They had this beautiful rose garden where you could sit down in these comfortable rattan hanging chairs. It was amazing. The restaurant was very good, as well.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo